Huddersfield Town v AFC Bournemouth

I saw the home game Vs Huddersfield and we scored those first two goals like a knife through butter and then afterwards we ran out of steam and tbh were lucky to get all 3 points.
It turned out (according to Steve Cook, I think) that the players were mentally and physically knackered after playing Man City a few days before.

We should be OK as we haven't, oh, hang on...

Re-seating those rose tinted glasses, so long as we don't concede an early goal to encourage Huddersfield Town I have every confidence we will win 3-0.

So no shots, no passes, no intent against City and yet most folk suddenly also want to play 5 defenders against Huddersfield??? Am I going mental?

So no shots, no passes, no intent against City and yet most folk suddenly also want to play 5 defenders against Huddersfield??? Am I going mental?

It’s the new trend on here. It’s the Vitals equivalent of veganism.

We will be changing our Eddie had a dream song soon...

‘We play from the back
From Ake to Clyne
The one thing we won’t cross
Is the halfway line’

DJ, Rob and Druss will be bringing their ‘Moyes in’ placards to the Newcastle game.

Apparently we have a terrible record in these games. We also have a terrible record against the big 6.

We are comfortably mid table though so something can’t be right. Either we are lethal against fellow mid table clubs....or maybe we have more of a chance in this game than being made out.

I quite like 3 at the back as an attacking formation- you could always swap Smith out for Ibe if that makes you feel better? :grinning:

I know we have packed on a lot of scar tissue over the past 4 months, and as Al points out, we have 14 points in the last 19 games. But they have 14 points for the season. I can't see how we will not be favored to win this one, and I fully expect it to happen. 'Nuff said. (3-0)

What one( or more) has to realise is;

This football match in a cold, maybe windy, Yorkshire field is not related to anything that came before it or will come after it! None of what happens within the 90+ minutes can be linked to what we did or did not do versus Man City or Arsenal or what Huddersfield have done or will do in any of their games! It is purely down to who does or doesnt do whatever is necessary collectively as a team, to win on that day, within the time alloted ! Anything can happen! Fools will not prosper!

Anyone have any pub / music / restaurant / tourism recommendations for Huddersfield +/- 30 miles?

We're spending 3 days. Which will include some industrial heritage.

Stayed near there for Burnley last year. Hebden Bridge is cool with an old hippy atmosphere. Try the Secret Cafe at Luddenden Foot for breakfast with a walk along the canal towards Sowerby Bridge afterwards. The moors above Midgeley are fantastic for walking, especially if you have, or can borrow, a dog. The Piece Market in Halifax is well worth a visit.

In my experience practically everyone you speak to around there will be nice so put time aside to chat to people.

Anyone have any pub / music / restaurant / tourism recommendations for Huddersfield +/- 30 miles?

We're spending 3 days. Which will include some industrial heritage.

A couple of suggestions.

National Mining Museum, Caphouse Coliery near Wakefield.
Calderdale Industrial Museum, Halifax
Idle
Bradford Industrial Museum, Eccleshill
Haworth. Old White Lion used to do great steak.

Thanks. Staying on the Huddersfield Narrow Canal. Could have been at Brighouse in the hope of brass band music . . . .

So. . .

Anyone know of a spare dog in West Yorkshire ?? Maybe Eddie, Ryan or Nathan are bringing theirs.

;