I am really struggling...

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
...to relate to any of the players we have now, other than perhaps Steve Cook. All I see is a group of individuals bereft of any direction or demonstrable appetite.

I cannot help think back to 2014/15 and the “team” of players we had then, the comparison is stark. Not far off being a group of journeymen then, to a disparate bunch, with arguably far greater talent yet with what appears to be a hangover of PL mentality today.

And this is why I'm not sure getting rid of JT is sensible. Whoever comes in is going to have the same problems that he and our best ever manager couldn't solve in the last year.
Even if we did go up we would make Sheff Utd's point return look amazing next season with this bunch

It was a squad in transition. A squad full of potential and untapped quality. What it lacked was confidence and on pitch leadership.

What it did have was a mentor for any player willing to put the effort in and have some professional pride in their performances and their own development. Someone with a long term vision and scope of the bigger picture.

It also had established players, who whilst not “leaders” were still players to aspire to due to their quality.

Now it’s a squad missing it’s established quality of professionals and it’s mentor, any belief, confidence or plan.

Squad dynamics. Definitely lacking ‘on field leadership’ and fight. I wonder whether the pandemic is exacerbating weakness in the team ethos too. Team building will only work if there is is a leader they can build around. I’d put them all in a pier to pier swimming race and select the leader from that. It might also shake them out of their comfort zones.

...little point in dissecting the squad as they are better than we are seeing at present. Whether this is down to JT not being able to motivate and blend them into a team who play as one with passion and determination is obviously the question? If so then Max must decide if he should bring someone in to work alongside him or think about how much time he gives him. I am not calling for his head yet as we still have time to turn around our poor form but we need to see a consistent XI on the pitch doing their jobs better

Let's be honest our style of play has been sussed. We need plan b but whether the coaching team can come up with it who knows.

Let's be honest our style of play has been sussed. We need plan b but whether the coaching team can come up with it who knows.
We certainly need to work on our corners I think even our own players don’t know what’s going on!

With our new midfield signing it seems we may have a Harry Arter type player from his earlier seasons with us.

So hopefully some steel and endeavour added to the team.

First comments about the Ben Person signing by the Sky commentary team was we will see a few yellow cards then.

;