I f****** love football

AlGard

UTC Legend
But I hate referees.
Roger East had a mare.

Pretty much got all the key decisions wrong.

Anyway, a tidy point with a patched up team.

Points of order for me today.

1. Our 1st penalty was correct.
2. Mepham was a lucky boy. And before you say "I was right in line", I have seen it from 33 angles, at it was a surefire pen.
3. Fraser was fouled (barely) outside the box. No penalty.
4. Thank God Lerma got that 10th booking out the way. We have been waiting with baited breath since December.
5. Mepham has loads to learn, but did more than OK. This will be reflected next season, especially if we keep Ake. Ake, Cook, Mepham, sounds pretty solid as a defensive group.
6., Well done EH. Half time team talk of pushing further up the pitch and pressing them worked well. For the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half we kept them well pinned in.
7. Come on Dominic. Will take a while to gel, and I am confident you will be a hit. For now tho, we might have to put up with Sorantie, rather than Solanke.
8. Entertaining game. Nothing like a few rip roaring tackles to get the atmosphere going.

All in all...Pretty chuffed.
7/10. I bid you a good weekend.

Last edited:
Not being able to see the game....sounds like the ref was able to upset both sets of fans at different times....that Wolves can grumble all they like but their penalty was also a dodgy decision....that our under strength team could easily have won against a full strength Wolves side....and ultimately, it was a blooming good game of football all round.

Not being able to see the game....sounds like the ref was able to upset both sets of fans at different times....that Wolves can grumble all they like but their penalty was also a dodgy decision....that our under strength team could easily have won against a full strength Wolves side....and ultimately, it was a blooming good game of football all round.

No team has had less injuries than Wolves this season. Or so they said on Football Focus.
Battling performance.

But I hate referees.
Roger East had a mare.

2. Mepham was a lucky boy. And before you say "I was right in line", I have seen it from 33 angles, at it was a surefire pen.
4. Thank God Lerma got that 10th booking out the way. We have been waiting with baited breath since December.
5. Mepham has loads to learn, but did more than OK. This will be reflected next season, especially if we keep Ake. Ake, Cook, Mepham, sounds pretty solid today.
6., Well done EH. Half time team talk of pushing further up the pitch and pressing them worked well. For the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half we kept them well pinned in.
7. Come on Dominic. Will take a while to gel, and I am confident you will be a hit. For now tho, we might have to put up with Sorantie, rather than Solanke.
8. Entertaining game. Nothing like a few rip roaring tackles to get the atmosphere going.

Not really anything to disagree with Al. I think if we could have picked a game for Lerma to pick up his final booking before suspension, this would have been it ! So even that was good news in a way. Now we can have him back and full of energy for the games where we should be looking for three points. Still think we can get something off Arsenal and maybe if Cal or Brooks come back fit and hungry we can give City a surprise ! Very impressive performance with the injuries we have ( to CREATIVE players in the main ) against a full strength Wolves team. Still think that all things being equal we have the better team but today a point was an ok result under the circumstances.
(y)

Re Mepham, it looked to me like there was a Wolves foul just seconds before, and I thought that he (and others) kind of switched off. It appeared that he was surprised that the ball was in play, and then got flustered/clumsy.

Re Mepham, it looked to me like there was a Wolves foul just seconds before, and I thought that he (and others) kind of switched off. It appeared that he was surprised that the ball was in play, and then got flustered/clumsy.
All I heard on the radio stream to be fair was a bunch of times when Mepham got a tackle or a clearance in. Considering it was a massive step up for him I think he acquitted himself pretty well and it was certainly a performance full of promise for the future. Again, Eddie shows he has an eye for a player. I think Mepham will do very well for us, given a little time. (y)

But I hate referees.
Roger East had a mare.

5. Mepham has loads to learn, but did more than OK. This will be reflected next season, especially if we keep Ake. Ake, Cook, Mepham, sounds pretty solid as a defensive group.

Agree with this, Al, a very enjoyable game and throught we settled well after the opening 10 mins or so. Lots to like about our performance, I think Solanke will come good, has pace to burn, reminds me of Callum how he harries defenders.
King and Wee Man excellent. Mepham composed on the ball. Ake as reliable as ever.
Re the ref, total shocker. Got all the penalty decisions wrong imo. No idea what he was doing.

1. Every single penalty was the wrong decision imo. Looks like King takes a tumble into the outstretched leg of the defender. Their penalty was just ridiculous. Never seen anything like that. I was sat right in front of the third one. At the time I thought it was in the box but it definitely wasn’t. IMO the Mepham one isn’t a penalty, but you can’t really complain if it’s given. Very very lucky today. And should’ve taken advantage.

2. Lerma 100% should’ve been off for that elbow on Moutinho. The less said about it from our POV, the better.

3. Wolves might’ve had a bit more luck with their decisions if they didn’t surround the ref after single incident.

4. Wolves fans at half-time were a bit of a laugh, but my god what a c**ty bunch they are in general. We got away with a lot today, and it couldn’t have happened to nicer set of fans.

5. Solanke miss wasn’t too bad. Did well to evade the two defenders but then it’s just staight down the middle. Plenty of positive contributions. You can tell that the same fans that mock Ibe during every game are licking their lips at the prospect of another player to bully.

6. Thought Mepham was excellent. Quick, pretty strong in the air, tried to pass the ballaround well. For his first start I thought he was very impressive.

7. Roger East might be the worst ref in the league. Weak, inconsistent, dreadful.

8. A fan behind me screamed out at King for being a “f***ing donkey”. Maybe donate your ticket to an actual fan you fat, sweaty waste of oxygen?

I thought our first was a soft pen, I thought theirs wasn't a pen (looked liked smithy got the ball) and our second looked dodgy as hell .

I didn't have 33 camera angles just my tired eyes

Oh and those Wolves fans haha.. ..

Actually thought given how injury hit we are at the moment we played v well today. Solanke I thought was impressive, quick, good on the ball and good in the air, think he will turn out to be a real player for us. Mepham was brilliant, although that did look a blatant penalty in real time. Also it's apparent there are 2 Jordon Ibes. The one with his back to goal is a liability, the one facing his man up at pace looks a very exciting player, we really do need to stop playing the ball into his feet when he's tightly marked. That aside all v positive today UTC

Didn't go today, but my interpretation of the BBC report was that we got the rub of the green decision-wise, is that correct?

Also, what was up with the wolves fans?

Referring to Dom as Sorantie is a bit unfair, Loads of good things and unlucky with his chance. I thought we looked more dangerous today than for the last couple.

It will be interesting to see what the response to a decent performance from Jordon will be. Will there be credit where it is due today?

East really was dire. At some point th e FA have to got to have a real hard look at some of their referees and consider their futures. Generally the game was very enjoyable. Wolves for all the racings about jiminez and Jota they created very little although as a team they passed well, quick short passes and some great long delivery out wide. However, solanke had a great chance that should have been buried and I've hit the bar. Patricio made as good save from a solanke header. Our pressure in the last 10 mins was immense, corner after corner. Good value for money game. Not sure how gosling got MOM , some of his passing was wayward, late tackles and average distribution. Ake was MOM for me, brave in the air and on the ground. Outstanding

;