I honestly wish I didn't care about our future!

Winsor Cherry

Star Player
My feelings this morning are anger & frustration. I'm sure this is all centered around concern for our clubs future.

Personally I am not bothered about the Premier League but considering our history (of not having a pot to #### in) when the unthinkable happened and we reached it 'earning' in excess of £600M in the process we should IMO have achieved 3 things as an absolute minimum.

1/ Bought our ground back or built a new one
2/ Grown our fan base
3/ Have a rainy day fund.

We have not achieved any of these and so we will continue paying rent to Structuredene in order to play football in a tiny stadium with a 'temporary' stand. Had we bought our ground and filled in the corners plus not overspent on players and their wages we could look forward to a bright future and enjoy all the benefits the Championship offers.

Sadly our club is not the same anymore, we (the fans) have not been needed during the last 5 years so have not been valued and in my case even responded to.

I am currently hoping a miracle now happens
1/ Somehow manage to stay up
2/ Realise how close we were to leaving the PL with nothing, so cut our cloth accordingly EVEN if it does mean not investing so much in the team. (most don't appear to be too bothered about the club anyway)
3/ Buy our ground and ring fence some funds so we do not need to worry about buckets and administration.

I very much hope that my fears regarding our future do not come to fruition.

I will look forward to fans concentrating on seeing into our own merits and debits instead of ripping into Burnley ..my 3rd favourite club after Boscombe and Ipswich.
But I daresay Reading will get trolled senseless!

Preference should hv been made to buy the Vitality Stadium over building the training Complex.Most of our players don't seem to care about the club.Putting up such an embrassing performance vs Newcastle! Playing like we are championship teams will be beating us!

Thing is you get into the top league and you want to compete . That costs money and for 5 years we have. To say we should have spent all this money on other things such as a stadium. If we had we would have been down after season 1.

Eddie has got the best squad this club has every seen. A mixture of severe injuries , lack of confidence, some bad luck and the team not being able to click hasn’t helped .

There was a stat against wolves where 6 of their players had played every league this season . We have had none.

Our best performances and runs have come when we have played a consistent settled team and this year that has not happened.

;