I really don't get it.

Mistakes are the boss in almost every game of football played....the early ones can jerk any team out of their stride...and if panic sets in you've had it!
Man City at their best ..no mistakes...at their worst they make just a couple and are disjointed...and we saw this with Chelsea on Wednesday and Boscombe today!

I can take a defeat when it seems we were unlucky or gave everything,but to me we just were not at it from the word go.I praise the team when I believe they deserve it and I'll give my opinion when I think they haven't ,whether I'm right or wrong is subjective

Last edited:
Cardiff worked harder than us and did what they had to do for the points...we are better than we showed today but that is how we roll...as at Burnley and home to Watford...no players to blame today Eddie got his team selection and tactics wrong IMO...but no excuses Cardiff deserved the win

I think this once again exposed our lack of a Plan B and the lack of a leader's voice on the pitch. Looked like the gameplan was to prod and probe for openings and as the game went on they would have to come for us, especially being at home and in the relegation mix. The early goal meant they didn't need to and we didn't change anything

When I say plan B I don;t mean that we only have one way of playing, just that it seems clear to me that we prepare to play a certain way for a certain game and once in that mode we can't change on the fly or react to the unfolding situation around us. Reminded me a bit of watching Eubank jnr box, he throws lovely combos and can hit hard, but so often you'll see him finish a combo even when there's nothing in front of him to hit, doesn't mix it up or react to the opening

Or we could give credit to Cardiff for wanting it more ...it’s not like it was all about Chelsea being sh*t on Wednesday is it , so let’s not be billy big b*llocks and think we had a right to a result today .
Absolutely spot on.

Today had an air of inevitability about it from the get go. God knows what Cookie was doing for the pen. I’ve not had a good look at the second, but the view I’ve seen showed Boruc being a bit rash? We were poor today, got what we deserved but we move on.

Today we witnessed life without Brooksy with a lack of defence splitting passes to our strikers. Of course we will still hopefully have our other playmaker Lewis C, but without them the future for our club would be bleak. Also worrying today was a lack of clinical finishing in the final third and our awful tendency to keep giving the ball away.

Today we witnessed life without Brooksy with a lack of defence splitting passes to our strikers. Of course we will still hopefully have our other playmaker Lewis C, but without them the future for our club would be bleak. Also worrying today was a lack of clinical finishing in the final third and our awful tendency to keep giving the ball away.

There was nothing to clinically finish. Ibe was the only player putting the ball in dangerous areas. Who was there to finish? On the odd occasion where one of our attackers makes a decent run off the ball, who is brave enough to attempt the through ball. Our possession football when deployed has become painfully conservative.

Our strength is the collective and hard work. Wednesday was fantastic today not so. We are WIP but then so is every team. We need 8 out of 11 functioning at their best every match otherwise passengers detract from the collective. Mistakes happen that is life.

Have we ever replaced Ritchie's work rate? With Stanislas, Ibe and Moussett I think not all more luxury than work rate. Did we stay with the old guard too long? To be honest yes but we have 33 points so move on. Liverpool and City no expectations but then we had none for Chelsea.

In our league of 14 we are more than holding our own with plan A and a bit.

;