I thought we were certainties for relegation....deja vu

AFCBade

UTC Legend
2012/13: I thought when we lost 1-0 at Coventry in 2012 we were doomed....until Eddie got us promoted

2013/14: I thought we were going down from the champ when we were shocking at qpr in 2013 but Eddie sorted it out (where are you now Charlie Austin?!)

2015/16:I can remember feeling when we were unlucky to lose 1-0 in the prem vs Newcastle in 2015 that was it, we were going down but Eddie managed to coax an injury hit team (and even with grabban and afobe) to stay up

2016/17: I throught that were down in 16/17 with a terrible run of form that culminating in 2-1 defeat at West Brom with boruc gifting a goal but we ground out wins following a great backs to the wall display at Manchester United

2017/18: I thought after five straight defeats in 17/18 this was the year we were going down and had been found out but somehow we got back on track

2018/19: I feared the worst after the 5-1 defeat at arsenal in 2019 which was one of the most depressing away performances I had seen and seeing the injury crisis we had but we stabilised and got the glorious 5-0 win at Brighton to make sure

2019/20: I was so low after palace away this season and then seeing ake going off injured vs Liverpool a few days later convinced me we would be relegated but somehow we beat Chelsea and drew with a more upbeat arsenal

Do I still fear the worst this season? Well, I am usually pretty positive despite the above but feel really depressed. But no way i will lose faith in Eddie Howe just yet. He has proved me wrong too many times so far and when the chips are down there is no one I would trust more than Eddie. Think some of the bedwetters should think twice about calls for a change in manager at this crucial time.

I'm more worried now than at any previous point. We've had periods where our position was as precarious but we were at least playing well. We're not playing well at all at the moment and he doesn't seem to be able to sort out obvious problems. There genuinely doesn't appear to be a plan of attack. We don't look like scoring goals and that is always ultimately what sends teams down.

I'm more worried now than at any previous point. We've had periods where our position was as precarious but we were at least playing well. We're not playing well at all at the moment and he doesn't seem to be able to sort out obvious problems. There genuinely doesn't appear to be a plan of attack. We don't look like scoring goals and that is always ultimately what sends teams down.
We don't even have a playing style, but most importantly, our identity has been lost. Whatever happens, we should stick with Eddie, but i do fear more than i have before.

I’ve never thought we would go down, I still don’t at the moment however like others I am now a little worried for three reasons 1) there are no obvious deadwood clubs, even Norwich looked good yesterday 2) we have lost our identity and style for a long period now 3) Eddie seems a little confused as to why things are going wrong and keeps trying the same thing hoping it will get better.

This weekend I watch Norwich and Chelsea (just ending) and when you watch other teams you truly see how poor we are.

We have lost half the games we played in 2019, it’s not started from this season it’s been a slow demise to are style of play over the last 18 months that’s the problem, let’s get back to the high energy football that got us here

I’ve never thought we would go down, I still don’t at the moment however like others I am now a little worried for three reasons 1) there are no obvious deadwood clubs, even Norwich looked good yesterday 2) we have lost our identity and style for a long period now 3) Eddie seems a little confused as to why things are going wrong and keeps trying the same thing hoping it will get better.
But he needs to change the style of play and start pushing in games not sitting defending trying t to play. On the counter attack, it’s not us the players can’t play tike that

After 4 and a half seasons in the Premier I would have expected to have consolidated and be in a far better position then we actually are.

All I can see is other clubs moving forwards and us moving backwards. I don't get vibes from Eddie about what his ambitions for the club are.

Team selection, transfer policy, loan policy, tactics are all so poor, he seems to have morphed into a big head who can't accept advice from anybody, as if the club is his own personal property. Other sides around us have seen the need to shake things up by changing the manager, what are our board up to.

After 4 and a half seasons in the Premier I would have expected to have consolidated and be in a far better position then we actually are.

All I can see is other clubs moving forwards and us moving backwards. I don't get vibes from Eddie about what his ambitions for the club are.

Team selection, transfer policy, loan policy, tactics are all so poor, he seems to have morphed into a big head who can't accept advice from anybody, as if the club is his own personal property. Other sides around us have seen the need to shake things up by changing the manager, what are our board up to.

each to his own, but I don't agree with anything you've said!

I wish people would stop banging on about the Arsenal game like it was some great feat . They’re a mid table team that we drew at home with , nothing more nothing less .

but with a new manager “bounce” makes them a more dangerous opponent than their year to date form would suggest

If if its got to the point your talking about car parks during the game that's the time to worry

but with a new manager “bounce” makes them a more dangerous opponent than their year to date form would suggest

sure . They just lost at home to a team we beat away ...albeit probably our only excellent performance of the year .

sure . They just lost at home to a team we beat away ...albeit probably our only excellent performance of the year .

As ever small margins.....they were winning until 7 mins to go when a goalkeeping error led to the equaliser. Given our current plight thought it was still a decent point

Number 1 is also what’s bothering me. I’ve watched most games over the holiday period and apart from Villa all the other contenders at least show some fight. We can do it as Chelsea showed but really need to do it consistently from here in. West Ham is going to be difficult with Moyes style but what better time to kick start our season. Come on you Reds.

Number 2) and number 3) are the things that the afcb management and players are paid to sort out.
The underperforming has been a problem since the latter part of last season.

Number 1) is not something afcb can do much about other than win the matches against relegation rivals.

2012/13: I thought when we lost 1-0 at Coventry in 2012 we were doomed....until Eddie got us promoted

2013/14: I thought we were going down from the champ when we were shocking at qpr in 2013 but Eddie sorted it out (where are you now Charlie Austin?!)

2015/16:I can remember feeling when we were unlucky to lose 1-0 in the prem vs Newcastle in 2015 that was it, we were going down but Eddie managed to coax an injury hit team (and even with grabban and afobe) to stay up

2016/17: I throught that were down in 16/17 with a terrible run of form that culminating in 2-1 defeat at West Brom with boruc gifting a goal but we ground out wins following a great backs to the wall display at Manchester United

2017/18: I thought after five straight defeats in 17/18 this was the year we were going down and had been found out but somehow we got back on track

2018/19: I feared the worst after the 5-1 defeat at arsenal in 2019 which was one of the most depressing away performances I had seen and seeing the injury crisis we had but we stabilised and got the glorious 5-0 win at Brighton to make sure

2019/20: I was so low after palace away this season and then seeing ake going off injured vs Liverpool a few days later convinced me we would be relegated but somehow we beat Chelsea and drew with a more upbeat arsenal

Do I still fear the worst this season? Well, I am usually pretty positive despite the above but feel really depressed. But no way i will lose faith in Eddie Howe just yet. He has proved me wrong too many times so far and when the chips are down there is no one I would trust more than Eddie. Think some of the bedwetters should think twice about calls for a change in manager at this crucial time.

Bump.

..,,also re the criticism of Eddie’s transfer dealings: Rambo at 1m rarely gets mentioned!!

;