If this young team needs an experienced creative midfielder who would you pick?

Realistically. Obviously, as we already have Brooks and Cook, I've no idea whether EH wants one or if we can afford one. But we do seem to need a leader on the pitch.

he would’ve signed him by now if we wanted him but joe allen?

surrounded by dross at stoke but always impressive internationally

Realistically. Obviously, as we already have Brooks and Cook, I've no idea whether EH wants one or if we can afford one. But we do seem to need a leader on the pitch.
I think the concept of ‘A Leader’ is overrated. Football is not like cricket where the captain is responsible for on field tactics. If you rely on a single leader it’s indicative of the personality of the rest of the squad. Leadership should be a collective strength which runs throughout the team.

Anyway to answer your main question absolutely we need a new creative spark. If I had a blank cheque book I’d go after Juan Mata. He’s still a good age, wouldn’t cost much in terms of a transfer fee, seems a good intelligent guy but wages would be massive by our standards.

According to many on here, we'll be relegated this season for certain.

Do we really want to start employing ageing players on big contracts that we can't get rid of? Is twitchy 'Arry back??

I think the concept of ‘A Leader’ is overrated. Football is not like cricket where the captain is responsible for on field tactics. If you rely on a single leader it’s indicative of the personality of the rest of the squad. Leadership should be a collective strength which runs throughout the team.

Anyway to answer your main question absolutely we need a new creative spark. If I had a blank cheque book I’d go after Juan Mata. He’s still a good age, wouldn’t cost much in terms of a transfer fee, seems a good intelligent guy but wages would be massive by our standards.

I was thinking Cook's a leader at the back, midfield - L Cook maybe in a year or two, Lerma should be but doesn't seem to be, Billing maybe too laid back? Probably too much to ask for a Cantona type figure, but I was thinking someone like that who can motivate the younger players. You're probably right about wages being the biggest problem.

According to many on here, we'll be relegated this season for certain.

Do we really want to start employing ageing players on big contracts that we can't get rid of? Is twitchy 'Arry back??

I think we're already employing one ageing player on a big contract that we can't get rid of, Defoe, but I know what you're saying and I don't think we'll be relegated. There does seem to be a consensus though that the team is lacking leaders and the sort of player who can cut through the a defence.

Jordon Ibe
(puts on tin helmet)

You know, I was thinking this just this morning... Ibe seems to have vanished of the face of the Earth, so he's either been frozen out due to his court case, or he is just gone proper pants in training...

IMO, the best place for Ibe was always where it involved zero defensive responsibility... The one position he's never been given... We could do a lot worse that place him in front of the midfields supporting the man up top... He is fast, has a good shot and knows where the goal is...

Who know's maybe Eddie's [hopeful] shake up on Saturday will seem him reemerge...

Alex Pritchard has always impressed
busy player in the middle of the pitch, can pick a pass, something none of our midfielders seem capable of
he's been injured at hudds so far this season which explains why they've struggled

;