If we kept the current squad intact

Yeah he's alright..... would you swap him for Solanke though!
No! The only issue for me is a plan if he was injured. Others played bits and pieces, without effect last year but we didn't do too bad with one primary striker last year, and goals from other departments.

Not wanting to jinx it either, he seems exceptionally fit and you just don't see the need to sub him as he just keeps running.

He's still so young in relative terms. He just needs good service and support, but that's not going to come until we have 2 holding midfielders so that we can push Marcondes up to support him. Between them they will get 30 goals at least.

If the back up plan's to play a false nine then happy with that so long as it's a plan and not something we are forced to do through lack of a plan.

If we get a minnow at home in Rd 2 carabao then chance try plan B.

If we kept the current squad I can’t see us getting a top three place.

Playoff’s are a realistic option, but then absolutely anything can happen over the course of the season

Any changes to the playing staff in or out is going to be driven by a need to balance the finances so buying the right ability of players, in whatever position, is going to extremely hard.

Selling any player will happen if the right offer comes in, no matter who it is.

Scotty seems to be a decent but very inexperienced manager and yet to prove himself at our club.

All in all, and there’s no ‘woe-is-me’ about this, but I see us staying in the Championship for quite a few seasons.

I hope I’m wrong ..... in the right way.

Could Stacey cover on the right wing do you think if he weren't injured? Kyle Taylor?
In a pinch I think Stacey could cover, but not our only reserve option. I think he's good overlapping but not sure I'd want him out there all the time. I'd rather an actual winger. Don't know enough about Taylor but I thought he was more central, complete assumption though!

In a pinch I think Stacey could cover, but not our only reserve option. I think he's good overlapping but not sure I'd want him out there all the time. I'd rather an actual winger. Don't know enough about Taylor but I thought he was more central, complete assumption though!

Ordinarily, I think he is but played on the right I think in pre-season. If he's more central, maybe he can cover first Solanke if injured... Clutching at straws here I know!

If we kept the current squad I can’t see us getting a top three place.

Playoff’s are a realistic option, but then absolutely anything can happen over the course of the season

Any changes to the playing staff in or out is going to be driven by a need to balance the finances so buying the right ability of players, in whatever position, is going to extremely hard.

Selling any player will happen if the right offer comes in, no matter who it is.

Scotty seems to be a decent but very inexperienced manager and yet to prove himself at our club.

All in all, and there’s no ‘woe-is-me’ about this, but I see us staying in the Championship for quite a few seasons.

I hope I’m wrong ..... in the right way.
....and don't forget one of our young players won Sky's Man of the Match v West Brom and we have a few more where he came from!
At the moment we have several injuries to contend with but I'm guessing that by the end of next month these problems will have considerably eased.

....and don't forget one of our young players won Sky's Man of the Match v West Brom and we have a few more where he came from!
At the moment we have several injuries to contend with but I'm guessing that by the end of next month these problems will have considerably eased.

Who is the blond youngster in the latest training video with curtain-type hairstyle? He looks strong.

Ordinarily, I think he is but played on the right I think in pre-season. If he's more central, maybe he can cover first Solanke if injured... Clutching at straws here I know!
That's the problem I think we need to avoid, fitting square pegs into round holes. As things stand, we've got one striker, one right winger (albeit a left footed one) and no experienced keepers. If were serious about challenging for playoffs or better, we need to strengthen these areas in my opinion.

All of this assumes that the injured players come back and stay well.

The acid test is when we get to February and we have to use our fringe players, squad depth really matters between then and easter.

That's the problem I think we need to avoid, fitting square pegs into round holes. As things stand, we've got one striker, one right winger (albeit a left footed one) and no experienced keepers. If were serious about challenging for playoffs or better, we need to strengthen these areas in my opinion.
If we lose no one else (maybe unlikely) and only made one additional signing it has to be a striker. No way we can go into a full championship season with only Dom and back up from Saydee.
Think we do also need a more experienced keeper although do think Travers is the future so maybe a loan here makes sense.
Personally would also love to get CCV back.

All of this assumes that the injured players come back and stay well.

The acid test is when we get to February and we have to use our fringe players, squad depth really matters between then and easter.
Saving some options for the Jan window might be useful, no? If there is a need for more depth, then we would know where the depth is really needed.

If we lose no one else (maybe unlikely) and only made one additional signing it has to be a striker. No way we can go into a full championship season with only Dom and back up from Saydee.
Think we do also need a more experienced keeper although do think Travers is the future so maybe a loan here makes sense.
Personally would also love to get CCV back.

Can't believe how light we are. Midfield I think we're okay. Centre backs too as great as CCV is. Left back and right back hopefully okay as long as Smithy and Stacey not injured together. We have very little flexibility up front as you say or on the wings. Both Stan and Brooksy have had big injury issues relatively recently. I read somewhere that Kilkenny can play on the right if need be (Thank God) and fingers crossed Anthony stays injury-free too. Then there is the goalie issue. Either Travers needs a crash course in running, jumping and punching the ball away or we need another goal keeper. Not sure we should have sold Bego without the signature of another goalie...

;