I’m a short term supporter

NornIron

First Team
I realise that I’m a “short term” supporter and have been for 20 years. I’m madly happy tonight because we won. I get my joy from short term fixes rather than longer term positions like league finish.

Plenty of people saying “yeah but wait until we play Watford and it matters” but im already over the Burnley / Brighton result because we beat a crap team from divvy 2.

I think I’ve always been this way. No matter the league I get my thrills instantly and my misery only lasts til the next game. I’m as happy beating Luton as I would be beating Villa. I work on the basis on 38 chances of joy or misery rather than 1 chance Based on position at the end of the season.

if we do go down I’ll be sad for a bit until the next fixture. I’m a short term tart and proud.

that’s all. thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Nice view to take.

I am a bit more of the “next game is important” mentality, dull I know, but part of the joy with the win today was thinking how Callum and solanke might play better vs Watford next week and more comfort that surman and Stan are getting fitter - need some of the old DNA in the squad to steady team nerves.

We won a Cup game....doesnt matter who..or from what 'div'. We won a game.
Bournemouth and Boscombe Win !

Luton are League Division 2. The 2nd division in Football Language !
Next best league. 2 above the 4th Division. This is English Football .

Actually I hope we win all the cup games after Replays and Extra- time !....more matches the better....Practice...game time....toughen em up...loosen em up...know what I mean. I mean f#ck me they are ' elite athletes' ....thats what Steve Bruce and others calls todays ' footballers' . Athletes !
We dont want them on benches all season....on those wages do we ?

Last edited:
Is Liskeard really still in the 1950s ? :grinning:

Everything this side of Plymouth is in many ways !

But...The Whole World is going backwards in terms of Civilisation.....Trump is making sure of that!

So... 1950s. ? ... are we actually any better off now ? Football ?
Dean Court crowds in 1950...15,000 plus!

Last edited:
I’m excited as we are into the 4th round for only the sixth time this millennium. Hopefully we might draw a big team!

During the game it's life and death but 24 hours later I'm definitely a long term success guy.

At the end of this season football doesn't end, there's another season right around the corner. Nobody wins football just a title for a year.

I often get a bit of stick from Arsenal fans for sticking up for Wenger for keeping them consistently in the Champions League with Man Utd at the top of their power, Chelsea and Man City buying success and Tottenham hot on their heels.

I get a lot more stick from Newcastle fans when I say that their consistent safety in the also rans is actually a pretty good achievement.

So many fans of both clubs say they'd give up that high performing stability for a one off shot at glory but I see your best chance for a memorable victory is be in the mix for the long term rather than a gung-ho gamble.

;