Injury crisis...

Eddie will need to do some serious thinking about the transfer window. Right WB and right CB both needed urgently, plus a gritty midfielder.

IMO main problems still in midfield - opposition pressing us here and winning second balls, hence Fraser and Wilson not getting forward like earlier in the season. Neither Surman nor Gosling doing the job - new blood required and it would be a false economy not to strengthen.

Eddie will need to do some serious thinking about the transfer window. Right WB and right CB both needed urgently, plus a gritty midfielder.

IMO main problems still in midfield - opposition pressing us here and winning second balls, hence Fraser and Wilson not getting forward like earlier in the season. Neither Surman nor Gosling doing the job - new blood required and it would be a false economy not to strengthen.
Let's not hold our collective breath. How long have the majority of us been saying that we need a right sided centre back / defender.

Rico has to start at Chelsea. He's not going to be able to get up to speed if he never plays....and Charlie is so off form that it can't be any worse.

Agree we should give a couple of the youngsters a go on Wednesday too. Lets see what Taylor or Oboforth can do in a game like that. They could be a wild card in the coming league games too.

January is getting ever closer!

Rico has to start at Chelsea. He's not going to be able to get up to speed if he never plays....and Charlie is so off form that it can't be any worse.

Agree we should give a couple of the youngsters a go on Wednesday too. Lets see what Taylor or Oboforth can do in a game like that. They could be a wild card in the coming league games too.

January is getting ever closer!

Agree entirely.

Nothing wrong with the job Surman and Lerma did today....we need the exact opposite to a 'gritty' midfielder imo.....creativity is and has been our problem since we've been in this division.

Nothing wrong with the job Surman and Lerma did today....we need the exact opposite to a 'gritty' midfielder imo.....creativity is and has been our problem since we've been in this division.

I was watching Oliver Norwood playing last night for Sheffield Utd, thinking how classy he was looking in midfield. A very nice range of passing. Next minute, he passed straight to a West Brom player and it ended up with a goal being conceded! So maybe he would fit in here! ;-)

We need not 1, not 2, but 3 new defenders by next season.

Hopefully not all from Celtic, but if there was a chance Tierney would come then that would be nice. For me, Roberts, Tiernay, and not sure about a centre back. I like the look of Anderson at Sampdoria, but would be intrigued of Al's opinion on Saar at Nice or Djiken at Caen, heard both mentioned but not seen enough to know

Just goes to show how quickly things change. It doesn't seem that long ago I was looking at the team on the pitch and at the bench thinking that we looked so strong. That was without Rico in the squad and when Junior and Charlie were injured.

Brooks number 10...?
Quite possibly...obviously not an option today with injuries dictating our set up ...Surman gives us control of the ball but we badly need an attacking midfielder to partner Lerma... not too many around though.
Loftus cheek or Aron Mooy would obviously improve us.

Hopefully not all from Celtic, but if there was a chance Tierney would come then that would be nice. For me, Roberts, Tiernay, and not sure about a centre back. I like the look of Anderson at Sampdoria, but would be intrigued of Al's opinion on Saar at Nice or Djiken at Caen, heard both mentioned but not seen enough to know

I'll be honest and say I have seen so little of Caen that I can't comment much on Dijku.

Saar is a work in progress. And Nice are a bit of a surprise this year so far.
He is a whole hearted committed player, but very raw. No problem with power and pace. When Nice concede, he does seem to be out somewhere where he shouldn't be.

Would still love Kenny Tete, but Lyon wouldn't sell. A right back old school. Overlaps, pace, distribution all excellent.

;