Injury crisis...

Cheers Al, thought Saar seemed a bit young, even by our standards, especially for a defender. When I said heard mentioned, I didn't mean in relation us, or I was ITK, just as performing well

January is not a good time to sign players. Probably less available than in the Summer and will cost more.

Apart from signing players, if rumours have any substance, he might be trying to keep one or two players.

Though most business normally happens in the close season.

I was watching Oliver Norwood playing last night for Sheffield Utd, thinking how classy he was looking in midfield. A very nice range of passing. Next minute, he passed straight to a West Brom player and it ended up with a goal being conceded! So maybe he would fit in here! ;-)
Sign him up !

To clarify - a “gritty” midfielder needs to have creative skills but also energy and some defensive qualities ie not another Brooks but a Joe Allen type - my ideal recruit.
Thought we might have gone for Allen before ...

Every bloody time, I wonder if he has to take a leak in every corner of Dean Court or something like Barry Fry. Premier League debut, less than 20 minutes, comes back from that, get's extra (unwarranted) ban for Zlatan headbutting his foot, then injured again, and now again. Hopefully nothing major, not just from greedy feeling as we are short but because I want to see him do well. He's a nice bloke, he deserves it, but wow there must be a line where luck isn't the reason anymore. Just no idea why

I’m gutted for Mings. Just as he could potentially get a run in the team he gets injured.

It's just not happening for him is it?
He looks a great player, but is made of balsa wood.

I can just see this injury cycle going round and round.

Gutted, as he is a genuinely great bloke.

It's just not happening for him is it?
He looks a great player, but is made of balsa wood.

I can just see this injury cycle going round and round.

Gutted, as he is a genuinely great bloke.

Depends how serious this one is. It was described as a freak accident and he got sandwiched between 2 players. Willo thought maybe a knock to the kidneys then thought ribs. Aslong as it isn’t his back again then hopefully he will be back soon

I initially thought he was winded, not to belittle the injury, being proper winded (full whack to solar plexus) really does hurt. Admittedly I'm currently hoping that it isn't serious so am avoiding the possibility that he might actually be seriously injured

Although I agree we are desperate for new signings I genuinely cannot see Eddie hitting the panic buy button in January. Over inflated transfer fees and with no time to bed into the sqaud. Eddie and the powers above will look at the fact we only need another 5 wins to be assured of PL football again next season and of course the financial rewards that brings. EH will be given a transfer kitty in the summer and that's when he'll sign players. Although , let's face it his player signing record has not been fantastic and I'm sure he feels let down by certain players he expected more from. Sorry but can only see us plodding through the next batch of fixtures until our injury crisis heals. However, on the topic of signings I would like to see mitrovic from Fulham.

I initially thought he was winded, not to belittle the injury, being proper winded (full whack to solar plexus) really does hurt. Admittedly I'm currently hoping that it isn't serious so am avoiding the possibility that he might actually be seriously injured

I thought hip..he came down on it and was bent double.

Lad Chris Mepham from Brentford and his teammate Ollie Watkins who looks a player this season.

Having been in the automatic promotion spots early on in the season, an absolutely dreadful run of form now sees Brentford only three points off the relegation zone. Hard to say how their owner will react to that since he could cash in during January at the risk of damaging their season or, if things continue to go south, end up having to sell much cheaper in the summer if they go down.

As he's a man with a background in gambling (and winning at it significantly) I suspect he won't sell.

Last edited:
Although I agree we are desperate for new signings I genuinely cannot see Eddie hitting the panic buy button in January. Over inflated transfer fees and with no time to bed into the sqaud. Eddie and the powers above will look at the fact we only need another 5 wins to be assured of PL football again next season and of course the financial rewards that brings. EH will be given a transfer kitty in the summer and that's when he'll sign players. Although , let's face it his player signing record has not been fantastic and I'm sure he feels let down by certain players he expected more from. Sorry but can only see us plodding through the next batch of fixtures until our injury crisis heals. However, on the topic of signings I would like to see mitrovic from Fulham.

This run of games shows we aren’t ready for a Europa league campaign so if we get wins from next 2 home games (Brighton and Watford) there will be no rush to buy; lose them and we may need to spend

;