International Supporters

My name is Chris....Exit56b is a baseball tie in.
Of all the American sports baseball is the only one I truly follow. No offence but basketball is just a lot of bouncing a ball up and down a court, American football is a ok -ish but goes on and on and on...ice hockey is good fun but there doesn't seem to as much gloves off and hitting each other but since watching Major League , the movie , in the '80's I've loved baseball and have followed The Braves for about 20 years or so.

Of all the American sports baseball is the only one I truly follow. No offence but basketball is just a lot of bouncing a ball up and down a court, American football is a ok -ish but goes on and on and on...ice hockey is good fun but there doesn't seem to as much gloves off and hitting each other but since watching Major League , the movie , in the '80's I've loved baseball and have followed The Braves for about 20 years or so.

Only American sport I’ve ever got into properly was nascar. Even went to Daytona. But then they changed it and made it really weird, races within races, like no one watching has much of an attention span to last 3+ hours.

Is Baseball still really long?

Only American sport I’ve ever got into properly was nascar. Even went to Daytona. But then they changed it and made it really weird, races within races, like no one watching has much of an attention span to last 3+ hours.

Is Baseball still really long?
Baseball is still 9 innings but depends how quickly you get the opponents batters out in each innings, so each game differs. I don't know if they have a time limit on each game we'd need a yank to tell us. I just find I can can sit there and watch it for hours. My aim is to nip over to Atlanta and see the Braves in their ( relatively ) new stadium at some point.

Reactions: DJ
Baseball is still 9 innings but depends how quickly you get the opponents batters out in each innings, so each game differs. I don't know if they have a time limit on each game we'd need a yank to tell us. I just find I can can sit there and watch it for hours. My aim is to nip over to Atlanta and see the Braves in their ( relatively ) new stadium at some point.
A ball game is typically about 3 hours. Some can get done in about 2:15, but those days are rare now. MLB has tried to introduce things to speed up the game, but these are measured in seconds/minutes.
It was once a pastoral game that took what it took, which was one of its charms. In today's world, let's face it our attention-spans are not what they once were. Still 9 innings, no time limit. I have been to a few games that get well close to 4 hours, without extra innings (which are played when the game is tied after 9 innings).

RTID, my fellow Braves fan!!! 2021 World Series Champs!!!! What a ride they took us on last season. I've been a Braves fan for as long as I knew what baseball was. I actually just got back from attending tonight's game in Washington DC. I currently live about 2 1/2 hours from Nationals Park. 13 wins in a row!
Exit56B...is a personal Braves reference. Years ago in graduate school, I had to travel on Interstate 20 to get to Atlanta, exit56b was the exit to Turner Field.
Keep in touch....Chop On!

Truist Park is amazing, try and schedule a tour if you have time...well worth it. You'll be blown away by The Battery district, great food places, hotels, shopping...the Braves owners, Liberty Media, knew what they were doing creating this baseball neighborhood.

Apologies - I thought it was a reference to your local Highway turnoff.
No apologies needed...you were on the right track!
Exit56B...is a personal Braves reference. Years ago in graduate school, I had to travel on Interstate 20 to get to Braves home games, exit56b was the exit to Turner Field, their previous home.

In today's world, let's face it our attention-spans are not what they once were.

You say that and in general I agree, but the country has just been gripped by a traditional test match which lasted 5 days with around 7 hours of play each day.

Granted it’s the exception to the now norm and I’d also argue that if cricket hadn’t evolved and introduced shorter formats then the interest in test cricket wouldn’t be there…

RTID, my fellow Braves fan!!! 2021 World Series Champs!!!! What a ride they took us on last season. I've been a Braves fan for as long as I knew what baseball was. I actually just got back from attending tonight's game in Washington DC. I currently live about 2 1/2 hours from Nationals Park. 13 wins in a row!
Exit56B...is a personal Braves reference. Years ago in graduate school, I had to travel on Interstate 20 to get to Atlanta, exit56b was the exit to Turner Field.
Keep in touch....Chop On!

Truist Park is amazing, try and schedule a tour if you have time...well worth it. You'll be blown away by The Battery district, great food places, hotels, shopping...the Braves owners, Liberty Media, knew what they were doing creating this baseball neighborhood.
Trust Park does look an amazing set up. Shame they had to leave Turner Field as it's always a shame to move out of your original home which I think was a bit of a shock move but from what I read at the time Cobb County were very accomodating in allowing the new stadium.
Just seen the highlights of last night's game. A 3 run homer always goes down well. What a hit ! Chop on !

Forgetting teams with dehumanising names and racist celebrations, last week I watched the Salt Lake Bees. On "Thirsty Thursday" with craft beer at $3 a go, two hours and 48 minutes seemed like, well, hardly three hours.

SLB 1.JPG

If nothing was happening on the diamond you could enjoy the view of the mountains.

SLB 2.JPG

Sometimes we complain about lack of shots on goal. The two teams managed just 13 hits between them the whole match. There's a lot of zeros on that scoreboard.

SLB 3.JPG

May as well queue up for another beer. Squatter's IPA is the bees knees.

SLB4.jpg

Roll on August 6th...

Last edited:
Forgetting teams with dehumanising names and racist celebrations, last week I watched the Salt Lake Bees. On "Thirsty Thursday" with craft beer at $3 a go, two hours and 48 minutes seemed like, well, hardly three hours.

View attachment 8026

If nothing was happening on the diamond you could enjoy the view of the mountains.

View attachment 8027

Sometimes we complain about lack of shots on goal. The two teams managed just 13 hits between them the whole match. There's a lot of zeros on that scoreboard.

View attachment 8028

View attachment 8029

Roll on August 6th...

More pi55 on view there than the old South End toilets

View attachment 8026

View attachment 8027

View attachment 8028

View attachment 8029

Roll on August 6th...

What's a beer bat?

Seeing as this thread has come to life again, thought I'd share my own experiences as an international Cherry. I was born in Bournemouth into an AFCB mad family, but moved to Sydney in 2006 when I was 4. AFCB has been the centre of my life for as long as I can remember really, which while is only about 14 years, has seen a lot happen. I've not missed a game live for almost a decade now, and after nearly 7 years, I'm finally heading back to Bournemouth for a few months at the start of the season. It'll be amazing to get back to Dean Court and follow us away, something I wish I'd experienced more. Not quite like the old days of the few hundred up North, but an amazing experience I'm really looking forward to.

View attachment 8026

View attachment 8027

View attachment 8028

View attachment 8029

Roll on August 6th...

Are we to read into your first line being a reference to the Braves logo and the ' tomahawk chop' action the fans make? If so....dear me ...

;