Investigation into training

Neil Dawson

UTC Legend
According to today’s ever reliable soaraway Sun we have launched an investigation into our training methods having sustained 10% of all PL serious knee injuries in the last four years.

First start point for me should be ‘was it right to keep all the coaching, medical and fitness teams from league one or should we have brought in people that understand the different rigours of top league football’

Is the game different at the top level? I mean the game not the intensity. The surfaces are different yes, but the movements are the same. The actual kinesiology is no different at any level, just performed at higher speed and therefore under higher load. Anyway I thought EH said a few weeks ago that we have been looking into this already?

I hope any ' Investigation' proves that our training methods ARE too vigorous or intense or have some other quirk...then we have a Reason ; have learned a lesson in order to put things right. If not, we will plod on in ignorance, into further trouble and strife !

According to today’s ever reliable soaraway Sun we have launched an investigation into our training methods having sustained 10% of all PL serious knee injuries in the last four years.

First start point for me should be ‘was it right to keep all the coaching, medical and fitness teams from league one or should we have brought in people that understand the different rigours of top league football’

Luckily they aren't trying to prove your weird angle on it so they'll probably just ask if our current training methods are putting unnecessary strain on the players bodies like any normal person would.

Preventing injuries before they happen.
For the leg, treat the foot, as most injuries start from there, especially knee injuries and strains.
Chinese medicine would certainly help.
Tuina is a classic Chinese massage. mostly used on martial arts sports patients.
Tui na (Chinese:推拿), whose name come from two of the actions: Tui means "to push" and Na means "to lift and squeeze."

I would say if anything is league 1 standard it was our training facilities rather than our coaching staff tbf....that would be the' first start point' for me.

I would say if anything is league 1 standard it was our training facilities rather than our coaching staff tbf....that would be the' first start point' for me.
Are you presuming that these personnel didn't undergo courses or expand their knowledge as the team progressed ?

Who knows? But if you haven’t got the natural ability you can go on all the courses you like it won’t help.

Odd that quite a few players needed to be ditched but none of the backroom staff?

I know their contribution is less physical so less obvious but the Premier League also has the finest coaching, diet and fitness and physiology expert brains. Are we just to believe that our entire staff just made the step up no problem? That’s stretching it for me but an incredible fortunate coincidence if you are correct.

Luckily they aren't trying to prove your weird angle on it so they'll probably just ask if our current training methods are putting unnecessary strain on the players bodies like any normal person would.

Without questioning the ability of the people that come up with the schedules? Whitewash?

Also, how do you know the angle they are going in at? Inside info or guessing?

Who knows? But if you haven’t got the natural ability you can go on all the courses you like it won’t help.

Odd that quite a few players needed to be ditched but none of the backroom staff?

I know their contribution is less physical so less obvious but the Premier League also has the finest coaching, diet and fitness and physiology expert brains. Are we just to believe that our entire staff just made the step up no problem? That’s stretching it for me but an incredible fortunate coincidence if you are correct.

Checks league position for past five seasons and shakes head :wack:....(I know, I know ...we could do soooo much better)

I get the natural ability about coaching but people do actually develop. At least they have been given the chance rather than P45's. I would hate to work for a company of yours . "Thanks for getting us to the promised land but goodbye I'm sure Barnet will want you"

I must have imagined the thread about how our staffing levels have gone through the roof since promotion - in every area too.

Even this thread is evidence that they constantly review our methodologies to make sure they are fit for purpose but don't let that stop your weird crusade Neil.

Without questioning the ability of the people that come up with the schedules? Whitewash?

Also, how do you know the angle they are going in at? Inside info or guessing?

Not following you tbh - I've not read the Sun article but if there's a review I would imagine they will question all aspects of training and the medical staff. They probably won't ask your question though because it's not relevant where these people have come from - all that matters is if the staff and training methods are good enough now.

Checks league position for past five seasons and shakes head :wack:....(I know, I know ...we could do soooo much better)

I get the natural ability about coaching but people do actually develop. At least they have been given the chance rather than P45's. I would hate to work for a company of yours . "Thanks for getting us to the promised land but goodbye I'm sure Barnet will want you"

Why Barnet? Are they not good enough for championship clubs in your eyes? So would you have kept Brett Pitman and Tommy Elphick then in your fictional company?

Not following you tbh - I've not read the Sun article but if there's a review I would imagine they will question all aspects of training and the medical staff. They probably won't ask your question though because it's not relevant where these people have come from - all that matters is if the staff and training methods are good enough now.

I agree, as individuals it’s not relevant where they came from. But as a group it’s hard to believe that all of them could make the step up. I think to progress we need to review this. I’m not sure why that is a ‘weird’ view. I can understand not agreeing with it but why is it ‘weird’?

Eddie is also doing a review of our goals against column. I would imagine (without knowing ) this will focus on training methods, tactics and the ability of the personnel on the pitch. The ability of the personnel in his own camp should logically also be looked at when you look at the injury levels.

Does it not strike you as odd that our players play less football than practically any other club in the UK and have more breaks abroad but suffer so much wear and tear and often look shattered at the end of matches?

We might have the same core as we always had, but we have supplemented as we've grown. Simon Weatherstone, was it Phil someone who went on to manage in the league as well. Also the doctor guy they brought in to work with Steve Hard

I agree, as individuals it’s not relevant where they came from. But as a group it’s hard to believe that all of them could make the step up. I think to progress we need to review this. I’m not sure why that is a ‘weird’ view. I can understand not agreeing with it but why is it ‘weird’?

Eddie is also doing a review of our goals against column. I would imagine (without knowing ) this will focus on training methods, tactics and the ability of the personnel on the pitch. The ability of the personnel in his own camp should logically also be looked at when you look at the injury levels.

Does it not strike you as odd that our players play less football than practically any other club in the UK and have more breaks abroad but suffer so much wear and tear and often look shattered at the end of matches?

But also possibly a contributing factor as to why we're about to enjoy our 5th season in the PL and Fulham, Huddersfield, Leeds, Sunderland, WBA, etc, etc, etc are not. I believe our training and preparation are far and away above many clubs. I think our players are fitter, faster and also wear some less fit teams into the ground from time to time as well. Just the angle you look at it I suppose. The knee injury thing is clearly a problem, I can't see it having anything to do with personnel.

We might have the same core as we always had, but we have supplemented as we've grown. Simon Weatherstone, was it Phil someone who went on to manage in the league as well. Also the doctor guy they brought in to work with Steve Hard

I’m not sure any of those joined us since the PL with PL experience?

But also possibly a contributing factor as to why we're about to enjoy our 5th season in the PL and Fulham, Huddersfield, Leeds, Sunderland, WBA, etc, etc, etc are not. I believe our training and preparation are far and away above many clubs. I think our players are fitter, faster and also wear some less fit teams into the ground from time to time as well. Just the angle you look at it I suppose. The knee injury thing is clearly a problem, I can't see it having anything to do with personnel.

I’m not saying they aren’t fit for keeping us in the PL though. We should be aiming higher than that surely... top ten and decent cup runs, you have to have aspiration. Not enough of our players improved last season, some went backwards and we really struggle when our championship winning squad get injured. We have had nearly 500m quid in remember.

It's weird because you're unnecessarily focused on who these people are and where they've come from rather than the only question that matters - are they good enough?

Same with players: Steve Cook, Franno, Smithy, Daniels, Elphick all came from league one - in each case the relevant question was always - are they good enough? Some were, some weren't but where they'd come from and whose mates they were were not relevant questions.

What do you know about the terms of reference of the review? You've just made that up.

He's constantly looking at the levels of ability of his players and is now reviewing injuries and training so why wouldn't he be considering his staff's abilities? He's shuffled his pack and moved people into different roles loads of times.

Yes our injury record does concern me, maybe they should review it. :slap:

;