Jack Butland

Oops...didn't realise this was already running on another thread. What I can say is that I didn't hear it from Talksport, I heard it from a relative of Nathan Jones

Butland is a big risk imho as no 1 in the prem now. Different two years ago before injuries and the impact of relegation on his form. Could be brilliant but could be average. Is it worth the risk?

Butland would be a great signing.......but I just can't see us getting him......there will ,I'm sure be a host of clubs after him

I don't think he will want to go anywhere to sit on the bench and the top six all have keepers pretty much in situ. The only one that may move is De Gea but if he does Man Utd will go big with a proven world class keeper to replace him, not take someone from the Championship.

With those doors closed you look down the table a bit. Everton have spent big on Pickford and I think he's going to be number 1 there for a while yet. Leicester have the door destroyer very well set and I can't see him moving on either. Burnley have more keepers than they know what to do with. Patricio at Wolves won't be replaced. And so on.

When you remove the clubs that have settled keepers, the field of potential moves if he wants a PL club where he would go straight in as number one is actually quite thin.

AFCB and Palace but not too sure who else. If I'm honest, I can't see us not being in the serious running if he's going to take the plunge to a mid-table PL first team spot.

Very credible source. Begovic will be part of the deal. Apparently Nathan's having a big sort out in the summer with many of the 'big name' stoke players on their way out. A major change in their style of play coming up and if Nathan does half as much as he did turning Luton into the team they are at the moment then stoke could be on their way back.
The not so good news is that ' from a stoke scout' Ake IS heavy in the minds of the big team scouts and he believes we will lose him in the summer

Very credible source. Begovic will be part of the deal. Apparently Nathan's having a big sort out in the summer with many of the 'big name' stoke players on their way out. A major change in their style of play coming up and if Nathan does half as much as he did turning Luton into the team they are at the moment then stoke could be on their way back.
The not so good news is that ' from a stoke scout' Ake IS heavy in the minds of the big team scouts and he believes we will lose him in the summer

No one in the history of the forum (since Max arrived anyway) has successfully forecast a transfer deal based on a 'source' .

Best of luck with it.

I still maintain that Pep likes Ake. Kompany can't go on much longer and Stones is so inconsistent plus they're not the paciest in defence.

No one in the history of the forum (since Max arrived anyway) has successfully forecast a transfer deal based on a 'source' .

Best of luck with it.
I'm not suggesting you bet your house on it. Of course anything can happen , my source who happens to be the manager of Stoke City ( via one of his relatives) has led me to believe that we have made an enquiry about Jack Butland. Nathan won't stand in his way as Butland honoured an agreement to stay with Stoke this season. Now whether our enquiry leads to anymore, well of course there's no guarantee

I don't think he will want to go anywhere to sit on the bench and the top six all have keepers pretty much in situ. The only one that may move is De Gea but if he does Man Utd will go big with a proven world class keeper to replace him, not take someone from the Championship.

Lloris? I can see Pochettino wanting a change and Daniel Levy is a bargain bin shopper.

With those doors closed you look down the table a bit. Everton have spent big on Pickford and I think he's going to be number 1 there for a while yet. Leicester have the door destroyer very well set and I can't see him moving on either. Burnley have more keepers than they know what to do with. Patricio at Wolves won't be replaced. And so on.

When you remove the clubs that have settled keepers, the field of potential moves if he wants a PL club where he would go straight in as number one is actually quite thin.

AFCB and Palace but not too sure who else. If I'm honest, I can't see us not being in the serious running if he's going to take the plunge to a mid-table PL first team spot.
Great points here. Apart from us and Palace I can’t see many other options. Doubt he would be a number 2 anywhere and would cost big money for a club to make him a number 2 which you rarely see, even at the top 6 most have back up keepers that were on a free

Swapping a World Cup winner for a championship stopper doesn’t seem sound logic to me. Loris always seems to have a mistake in him admittedly, I don’t think Butland is an upgrade though.

Lloris? I can see Pochettino wanting a change and Daniel Levy is a bargain bin shopper.

;