Jack Butland

I gather poor Benik isn't especially well liked up there either. Perhaps there's more going on with the club than simply reasonable players collectively all under performing?

I think the Butland ship has sailed as far as we're concerned. Unless Ramsdale has a complete 'mare over several weeks and then Travers comes in and has a complete 'mare over several weeks then I think we're going to try and develop what we've got. At this point in time, it seems to make sense. Fingers crossed we all still think that by Christmas!

Watching the three goals on ESPN, Butland seems heavy footed and very slow to the ground. All three goals were grounders where if he had gotten down quicker or moved his feet on the first, he could have stopped them.
Just seems slow going to the ground.

...it would have been easy to have punted on an experienced keeper, and many on here myself included wanted Butland, Pope, Heaton or someone in. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and as someone has said IF we had sold Asmir then I think Eddie would have moved for an available experienced stopper? It remains to be seen over the season how things will pan out, but the early signs are promising and Ramsdale will only improve with more games. Sunderland threw in Jordon Pickford and that worked for them so let's hope we see similar for us.
As for Jack Butland he is in poor shape at the moment so maybe we got away with one there?

Why are we going on about Butland...a Championship keeper....when we have Travers and Ramsdale....Premier League keepers.....what dont I get about some Afcb fans ....???

Well he does have 20 times the PL experience of those two put together... but, if Rambo plays all season there's every chance he'll be worth more than Butland by the end of the season. Early days but promising signs from the lad.

Why are we going on about Butland...a Championship keeper....when we have Travers and Ramsdale....Premier League keepers.....what dont I get about some Afcb fans ....???
In theory at least, Butland is an England keeper! Although perhaps not for much longer I suspect?

Did you know ramsdale and Travers were ready?
Perhaps the combination of Cornish sea-air and cider makes Bill prescient?

;