Jack Simpson

I've heard he turned Cardiff and Swansea down and he's going to Rangers at the end of the season
If true must have been long standing interest from Rangers as I heard a couple of years back he was all set to go there on loan and the plug got pulled at the last minute

Whether or not he has what it takes is kind of irrelevant as we have a surfeit of players that want to play on the left side of CB.

Simpson out and CCV in makes excellent sense to our squad balance. The fact Simpson is out of contract in the summer and a decent offer has come in is a bonus.

I first saw him in one of the games at Chelsea and for a kid he seemed so assured, time on the ball, nothing rash, yet he appears for whatever reason to have gone backwards. Hope it won’t come back to haunt us.

Bit of a shame as he was starting to put in some good performances, and it's always nice to have a homegrown out there, but with Kelly, Cook and arguably Rico ahead of him for that left sided CB position, you can't really blame him for wanting to move on in the summer. Getting a bit of a fee for him now seems decent business in that case.

Swapping Simpson's wages for CCV's also suggests we aren't as hard up as some think.

Last edited:
I predict Simpson will have a bright career ahead of him. Real shame to see him go but I can understand it with all the options we have. Feels like another Mings.

Seems a reasonable piece of business. It's not in the headlines, but maybe we have been cheeky enough to agree a buy back clause.

Just a pity we didn't do the deal earlier so he might have helped Cardiff hold off Norwich.

Technically, since CCV was already here, we could add another player and further up the field, perhaps this paves way for Wilshere?

Seems a reasonable piece of business. It's not in the headlines, but maybe we have been cheeky enough to agree a buy back clause.

Just a pity we didn't do the deal earlier so he might have helped Cardiff hold off Norwich.

Technically, since CCV was already here, we could add another player and further up the field, perhaps this paves way for Wilshere?

;