Jack Simpson

Sounds positive but I remember seeing similar comments about Cargill following his cup appearances and now he can't even get in the Fleetwood team.

I particularly liked his composure at the back. Nothing was going to get past. Great debut Jack, a goal and penalty for the lad was a brilliant evenings work :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: cheers

bigfatolly - 25/10/2017 00:08

Get him out on loan in January,after a debut like that it's a waste of time going back into the youth team.

He is not in the youth team, under 21/23 player but has been training with first team for couple of years. Looks a fantastic prospect

DEADRED - 25/10/2017 07:56

bigfatolly - 25/10/2017 00:08

Get him out on loan in January,after a debut like that it's a waste of time going back into the youth team.

He is not in the youth team, under 21/23 player but has been training with first team for couple of years. Looks a fantastic prospect

Someone mentioned Cargill above and whilst it's a fair point, not every youngster that has a promising start fulfills it. I still think he'll be a L1 pro at least but it may be time is running out for him to get a chance with us if others are starting to come through.

As for Simpson, great to hear he's been training with the first team for some time. Coming up against King, Afobe, Wilson and Defoe every day won't leave him with too many illusions. I think he's only contracted until next summer but I wonder if we'll see an extension on that soon.

Just looking at his general play, I thought he looked real classy. If he continues to work hard and keeps his feet on the ground I'm sure he has a very bright future. Excellent debut young man

Before the game I thought he looked extremely nervous (understandable).
Then as soon as game started he was Mr Cool Calm and Collected. What a debut!
Well done Jack Simpson.

Couldn't really see from my angle, but just watched highlights. What a very good finish by Jack. Composed volley whilst off balance.

Well done lad!

This is exactly what I want to see in a cup line up. An experience pro alongside a youth player. He did well and it at least makes me assured that we have someone who can come in at a pinch if we have a CB crisis.

I'd honestly have him ahead of Francis based on that performance; especially in a back three. The amount of times he covered Cook and Francis' stupid mistakes was impressive.

Can play out from the back, positionally good, doesn't continually give the ball away, is a danger from set pieces.

Nice to see a youngster get a chance and we need an up coming full/wingback
I’d like hyndman to get a little more game time too

wayne189 - 20/12/2017 22:25

Nice to see a youngster get a chance and we need an up coming full/wingback
I’d like hyndman to get a little more game time too

Ollie Harfield has looked decent in the past, not as good as Simpson or Jordan though.

;