Jack Simpson

FFS. What's with this? Can we really not have a new thread for something that's just happened?

Why have match day threads? Why not just have one 20/21 season thread. Navigate to page 13240 for build up to the Cardiff game.

Without wishing to take the thread off topic, we merge the threads when appropriate to keep the front page of the forum tidy.

Orherwise instead of only clicking a thread and it opening where you last read the thread be it on page 3 or 13,240, the entire forum would be like that we’d be scrolling to page 6 just to read the posts from yesterday evening.

Conversations wouldn’t flow or would be fragmented across various threads. We had enough complaints when after each game there would be 2 match threads on top of the match thread for during the game. Multiply that across every possible topic and the forum would be pretty much unusable.

Didn't he give a goal away at the weekend and no Gerrard has said he won't play again for them this season? I think people are talking him up like they always do with players that leave.

He’s painstakingly worse than Mepham and Kelly and is older than them both.

Come on! Mepham has given away 3 goals already this season, in the Championship. At least it took Simpson 2 seasons in the PL to give away that many. And he might be older than them but he's had far less game time thanks to never being able to go out on loan. His development is probably a year or two behind them for that reason alone.

Come on! Mepham has given away 3 goals already this season, in the Championship. At least it took Simpson 2 seasons in the PL to give away that many. And he might be older than them but he's had far less game time thanks to never being able to go out on loan. His development is probably a year or two behind them for that reason alone.

He’s had less game time because he’s not as good as them. If he were, we wouldn’t have spent £20million on Mepham and Kelly, two players who are very cultured centre backs who have had more good games than bad.

If Simpson had been held back and was on their level he wouldn’t have ended up in Scotland.

He’s had less game time because he’s not as good as them. If he were, we wouldn’t have spent £20million on Mepham and Kelly, two players who are very cultured centre backs who have had more good games than bad.

If Simpson had been held back and was on their level he wouldn’t have ended up in Scotland.

Well, I guess we're going to have to disagree on this one. I accept that you're probably a better judge than I am but personally I'm not prepared to dismiss him so easily after just 13 appearances over 2 years against some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Well, I guess we're going to have to disagree on this one. I accept that you're probably a better judge than I am but personally I'm not prepared to dismiss him so easily after just 13 appearances over 2 years against some of the biggest clubs in the world.

I’m not dismissing him.

I’m just saying he’s not as good as Kelly and Mepham.

Or Cook, definitely Ake and probably Carter-Vickers...

I’m not dismissing him.

I’m just saying he’s not as good as Kelly and Mepham.

Or Cook, definitely Ake and probably Carter-Vickers...

Well, you are dismissing him by saying that's why he's "ended up in Scotland". And as for the proof being that the club paid £20 million for Mepham and Kelly, I believe the club paid £15 million for Ibe.

Well, you are dismissing him by saying that's why he's "ended up in Scotland". And as for the proof being that the club paid £20 million for Mepham and Kelly, I believe the club paid £15 million for Ibe.
Simpson is not as good as Ake, Cook or from what I've seen of CCV so far but imo better than Mepham or Kelly at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

;