Jack Simpson

How come he keeps getting sacked then.

Because he has no personnel management or people skills. He is also a poor communicator. In essence he has is head firmly inserted up his digestive departure lounge.

So where is your proof that "My knowledge of the game and its workings is far superior to yours. End of conversation". thats what is pathetic - a ridiculous statement like that.

This was in response to him verbally attacking me from the onset. I have noted that you are not taking that into consideration. Follow the posts thread backwards and you will see that it was him that launched the initial unprovoked tirade.
My knowledge of the game is probably wider than his through my football assessing over the last 27 years.

Yule-tidal greetings to you.

so you are agreeing with me then, glad we've got that sorted

I agree with you partially not in total. Marinho does know the game. but he is a poor people handler, that is where his problem lies.

If we are doomed to lose to everyone already and it’s so obviously the case that this will happen due to all the injuries and playing people in the cup etc then playing Simpson won’t cost us results so you might as well play him!

I like jack and it would be interesting to see how he compares with Mepham. I did see him against Brentford u23 back in September and he had a tough time but you only develop if you play these type of games and learn. Having said that, I think he would struggle against someone like rondon and Lukaku but there again ake has found these players difficult.

I think being as we didn't loan him out then we do need to use him more. He's only played poorly when on the right (which is our biggest need), but I understand it's harder to blood defenders. Managers naturally don't like to change defensive units, wingers tire more quickly so it makes sense to save substitution for attacking areas, and youngsters mistakes are less costly further upfield. All that said, at some point the chance needs to be given to him

I agree with you partially not in total. Marinho does know the game. but he is a poor people handler, that is where his problem lies.
But you don’t know if you’ve owned a BMW or not. One minute you haven’t then you have. So using that as starting point. You know F ALL.

How did it come to this Minty....desperately trying to justify your footballing knowledge....despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary....its actually quite sad that you care so much tbh.....you really don't need to prove anything to me or anyone else on here you know...members of this forum will read your posts and draw their own conclusions as to your 'expertise'.....i expect you know my thoughts on the subject...:ROFLMAO:

Think you're right there, it's a shame so many threads suddenly come down to this willy waving. Also the repetition on different threads, it's only a small forum, I assume everyone has read all the threads, especially if they've posted in them, or I try to add a link to the original comment

Anyway Jack Simpson, he had a cracker didn't he? I'd hope that we can get to 42 points and then play him regularly, not so regularly that if we lose often it affects his confidence and he thinks he's a Jonah but often enough that gets to grow as a player. As well as what I said earlier, that's a big worry about playing youngsters is they might feel responsible for poor results

Poor people handling. Really? I thought Mourinho played Woodward like a kipper to get the mahoosive payoff he was looking for. You clearly have a lot to learn about the real world Minty old chap.

Last edited:
Think you're right there, it's a shame so many threads suddenly come down to this willy waving. Also the repetition on different threads, it's only a small forum, I assume everyone has read all the threads, especially if they've posted in them, or I try to add a link to the original comment

Anyway Jack Simpson, he had a cracker didn't he? I'd hope that we can get to 42 points and then play him regularly, not so regularly that if we lose often it affects his confidence and he thinks he's a Jonah but often enough that gets to grow as a player. As well as what I said earlier, that's a big worry about playing youngsters is they might feel responsible for poor results
We might see him a lot more often now....especially if Ake steps into Jeff's role when he gets suspended.....really impressed how composed he is...never seems rushed even when pressed.....love that straight incisive pass he plays too.

39 games a season, I make that six suspensions, not allowing for, god forbid, red cards, so that's not bad especially as actual injuries and other player suspensions might mean even more chances

edit: where the hell did I get 39 games from are we playing a exhibition game in Dubai??? Numpty, still six suspensions though assuming a yellow every match which is pretty close

Last edited:
I am not putting him on ignore, nor will I waste my keystrokes pointing out to him what rubs me (and others) up the wrong way. If he posts something worthwhile and well reasoned I will be happy to read it and maybe comment upon it. If he just posts the usual copy and paste doom and gloom I will not feed the troll by responding to it. Since he has history of doing this I suspect he thrives on posting doom and gloom ( and calling it reality rather than opinion ) just to get a reaction. Either that or English is not his first language...in which case I’ll cut him some slack.

I am not putting him on ignore, nor will I waste my keystrokes pointing out to him what rubs me (and others) up the wrong way. If he posts something worthwhile and well reasoned I will be happy to read it and maybe comment upon it. If he just posts the usual copy and paste doom and gloom I will not feed the troll by responding to it. Since he has history of doing this I suspect he thrives on posting doom and gloom ( and calling it reality rather than opinion ) just to get a reaction. Either that or English is not his first language...in which case I’ll cut him some slack.

I always try to cut this type of person some slack tbf....we are not aware of his personal circumstances....this could be the only contact he has with anyone on the outside world.

;