Jack Simpson

bondsnemesis

First Team
Surprised I am the first to mention the lad, I was watching the last 25 minutes via the clubs stream, looked very composed with good positional awareness, previously a midfielder who EH converted last season to CB, looked promising.

bondsnemesis - 7/8/2017 11:16

Surprised I am the first to mention the lad, I was watching the last 25 minutes via the clubs stream, looked very composed with good positional awareness, previously a midfielder who EH converted last season to CB, looked promising.

Well you're certainly the first to mention him on this thread...but he's mentioned a few times on the Napoli thread... ;)

I thought he looked very promising. Perhaps a better option than Cargil?

May be needed if the Cook injury is more that just a tweak

What a debut tonight, scored, brought down for penalty and look so composed on the ball.

One time our player played him into trouble in the first half but he got out of it without any panic.

We have a good young player for the future.

I was really looking forward to seeing him. Sadly my stream was so bad I couldn't tell much, other than he looks dangerous in the penalty area.
Commentator said he has been in the Bournemouth academy from the age of 10! Impressive!
Looking forward to seeing him in more games in the future!
And many on here (ok, maybe I'm kidding myself) will now sleep easier knowing that we have better defensive cover than we thought.

Thought he has a great game . Wasn't up against much in truth, but composed and able to pass out of defense. Comfortable to receive the ball short when opposition not far away, sure I saw him having a moan at someone too 2nd half, always a good sign in a youngster

GaryRB - 24/10/2017 22:17

Thought he has a great game . Wasn't up against much in truth, but composed and able to pass out of defense. Comfortable to receive the ball short when opposition not far away, sure I saw him having a moan at someone too 2nd half, always a good sign in a youngster

How can you say he wasn't up against much? - he was up against the £10m Championship player of the year Patrick Bamford.

No - you're right - he wasn't up against much!

One of the most impressive, complete debuts I've ever seen. Challenge now will be to keep his and our feet on the ground. Have to remember that Boro team is experienced, mostly the side that played PL last season (yes got relegated). For Simpson to stand out so against that is no mean feat.

Typical that he's another left sided defender!! :hihi:

very impressive on the ball, very impressive reading the game, took his goal well and lasted the match comfortably.
well done young man.

;