Jack Simpson

If we play 2 in DM, it doesn't mean it will in it pressure because we could play someone in CM and play just 1 striker e.g put Brooks in CM/CAM and have Fraser and Ibe/Stanislas/or even king on the wing.
Then we would have more midfield options on the bench

I agree, he has lightening pace and from what I saw of him in France, he can finish too.

I felt last season Lys’ arrival as a sub created panic in the defence as offers pace and predictability to help a few comebacks. Thus would like him to get more game time.

I am sure our squad players would benefit from playing regular football in the Premier League reserve League. Unfortunately, due to some ridiculous ruling about the grading of our academy we are unable to compete in this league.

This is where players like Mousset are deprived of regular game time. Playing the odd friendly and 'micky mouse' cup competition does not keep the squad players lie Moussett sharp.

I can only assume that you also are out to cause verbal confrontation against me for no justifiable and apparent reason. I would suggest that in future you ignore and do not respond to any my comments and I will do the same to yours as there is no point whatsoever in communicating you as you seemingly want to disparage anything I say regardless of its validity. So will now say good bye to you as I will no longer respond to you.

I bid you a good day.
Well this disappointing Minty...after i've gone out of my way to make you feel welcome!
Luckily i'm not as easily upset as you seem to be so i'll continue to reply to whoever i wish.....as for you Minty well...you must do whatever your own conscience dictates.
I bid you good day etc etc....:gent:

Simpson. I feel, is not quite ready for the pace, rigours and intensity of the Premier League. He has only had experience in the u21's and the odd League Cup game, unlike Brooks who had experience in the Championship. Young players are naturally inconsistant, whilst Simpson had a good game at Chelsea, he could may well have nightmare against Brighton. With the sitation we are in we need as much experience on the field tomorrow in order to get the points. We already have A.Smith, Gosling, L.Cook and now Francis all out. We cannot weaken the team any further.
Fair point Minty. But at what stage do you trust a young player like Simpson? If you wait for cup matches to come along he'll be a veteran before he's ready. Maybe he should be used more regularly - even if he only plays as a sub?

Fair point Minty. But at what stage do you trust a young player like Simpson? If you wait for cup matches to come along he'll be a veteran before he's ready. Maybe he should be used more regularly - even if he only plays as a sub?

Simpson would be utilized in the first team imo when the team are doing well results wise and or when we are safe from relegation. This will give him invaluable experience and toughen him up. I do agree that he should be on the bench more often. But at the moment I would certainly not utilize him whilst results are going against us when we need fully experienced players on the pitch.

Yuletidal greetings to you.

He's looking good but still only played about 5 games for us. I'd send him out on loan first, if he does well in the championship then we can test him out properly next year.

Simpson would be utilized in the first team imo when the team are doing well results wise and or when we are safe from relegation. This will give him invaluable experience and toughen him up. I do agree that he should be on the bench more often. But at the moment I would certainly not utilize him whilst results are going against us when we need fully experienced players on the pitch.

Yuletidal greetings to you.

and Christmastidal felicitations to you Minty

Most of our players looking the part when we get the Mentality right....winning a bad tempered game with 9 classy Spurts blocking up the channels is a Massive experience and boost for this injury - hit team...Massive .
Apart from the points...a Clean Sheet for a new young Goalie......Travers halfway to having the goalposts named after him....after just 90 minutes...
What a Dramatic Day! and the things Ake comes up with for this club!

He’s still learning but facing different types of challenges in each game which is good. Thought he struggled with Moura’s pace and movement but he reads the game well and senses danger quickly

;