Jack Simpson

Due to injuries to other players he's sat on the bench when he could and probably should have been out on loan. He's never going to improve if he doesn't get game time and now Kelly's fit at last I think he should be allowed to go out on loan. Realistically, EH is never going to give him more than 3 or 4 games before the end of this season anyway.

One of his best strengths is his ability and willingness to play the ball out from the back. Don’t want him to lose that at a disgusting team like Stoke if he does go out on loan.

Make a decision on the final day of the window. We need to have a look at what Lloyd Kelly is capable of first. Seems too much of a risk to me though. Jack is also 23 now and started 10 PL games. I feel the benefits of a loan have gone. He’d only develop bad habits for the standard we require

Make a decision on the final day of the window. We need to have a look at what Lloyd Kelly is capable of first. Seems too much of a risk to me though. Jack is also 23 now and started 10 PL games. I feel the benefits of a loan have gone. He’d only develop bad habits for the standard we require
The Arsenal game will be interesting. I reckon we will see Simpson and Cook as a centre back pairing with Kelly at left back. After listening to Eddie post match on Solent last night I'm not under any illusions that he is too bothered about this game.

Just goes to show it's all about opinions......don't think Simpson is anywhere near PL standard....let him go on loan with a clause of immediate recall.......if we are that desperate we need him we are down anyway.....sorry to be so blunt....but imo
he is a other Baily Cargill.

Reactions: drd
The Arsenal game will be interesting. I reckon we will see Simpson and Cook as a centre back pairing with Kelly at left back. After listening to Eddie post match on Solent last night I'm not under any illusions that he is too bothered about this game.
Well I hope the players are bothered- a cup run would be a nice addendum to our rise up the league ....

Let him go only if we have a better replacement to bring in or if Kelly is good enough and fit enough to slot in as a centre half if needed.

We've agreed a perm deal for CCV who already looks a considerable upgrade?
If that's true (?) then it is probably an upgrade, although that is only based on 2 games from CCV one of which was against League Two opposition.

CCV is right sided and Simpson left so not directly comparable but we do have a few left sided defenders.

;