Jack Stacey

What’s next? Midfielder or keeper? Think we will sort the Begovic situation out as a priority?

Has to be doesn't it.

Dragowski it is said will have his status sorted this week,
and a report that we have bid £12M for Butland, seems woefully
short of the required fee.

Has to be doesn't it.

Dragowski it is said will have his status sorted this week,
and a report that we have bid £12M for Butland, seems woefully
short of the required fee.

So we should just pay whatever price clubs quote first time around?

In short, they are a big-ish ex-Premier League side with lots of baggage. Which is the same for about 19 of the 24 teams in that league

Reading ? Big-ish ?

I really wouldn't put The Biscuits in the same bracket as Wednesday, Forest, Leeds, Derby, etc.[/QUOTE]

I do agree there in stature and size David, but Reading have had more recent success than the lot of those with a stadium that's a decent size for that level. All of course have a more colourful history.

I'd say QPR are a big club too, smaller stadium than most of the league but they have history and recent successes

Happy with this, cheap and seems very good. As Tinpot Club has been saying recently, at 23 he’ll count towards the squad numbers so I’ll expect some more outgoings

A comment on Twitter said Stacey has a similar playing style as Matt Doherty at Wolves, so if that is accurate, that is an exciting thought.

As for the keeper....if we have bid 12m for Butland, that is interesting. We know he is worth a bit more....so assume this is our way of testing to see if Butland himself wants to come. If it is true, it does show we are being serious about adding a keeper, with Bego likely to go.

A comment on Twitter said Stacey has a similar playing style as Matt Doherty at Wolves, so if that is accurate, that is an exciting thought.

As for the keeper....if we have bid 12m for Butland, that is interesting. We know he is worth a bit more....so assume this is our way of testing to see if Butland himself wants to come. If it is true, it does show we are being serious about adding a keeper, with Bego likely to go.

I remember it well. I did in fact go to more Cherries games that season Reading games as I have done since I moved down here.

Madejski sold out to the wrong man. Zingarevich was never as rich as it was made out he was. It was his dad who had the money and his dad who pulled the plug.

The club also had one of the most undesirable people in football on the board in Chris Samuelson. Basically the club loaned and loaned to bankroll the owners wishes and when the club got relegated, the mess become evident. Zingarevich disappeared and in his place it was believed come a winding up order from HMRC which caused the sale of Adam Le Fondre and saved the club from a points deduction which would have relegated them.

Infrastructure wise they are still able to expand and expand and expand that stadium and have just got a new training ground and do have people with actual real money now but have struggled to clear off the aftermath of those issues.

In short, they are a big-ish ex-Premier League side with lots of baggage. Which is the same for about 19 of the 24 teams in that league

Thanks.

Squads get confirmed the day after the window closes, that's when they get submitted to PL so that's when they get confirmed. Club might announce certain shirts like the big deal they made of Ibe and Mouse last season

I think Dragowski is unlikely now, since them shipping the other keeper out but if he fancies the challenge it seems the ball is in his court

Luton fan here.

Just thought id give you a bit of info on jack stacey.

He is a great player, he kept james justin out of his preferred position of right back through his great performances so justin moved over to left back. Justin has just gone to leicester and is also a great player so you can see how well stacey has been playing for the last 2 years.

He has an unbelievable engine on him and never stops, he is always available when attacking and is always back to defend. He is a good crosser and will provide plenty of assists to your strikers wilson and king who i hope has a good season as ive picked him in my fantasy team! Reminds me of Alexander arnold but not as good final ball.

Ive been saying we had the best two rb and lb outside the premier in justin and stacey so its come as no surprise they are both moving on.

Been watching Luton since 1988 and i cant think of many better players than jack stacey.

Glad he is going to a team like yourselves as its how luton like to play so he will take to it like a duck to water. Id be amazed if he isnt first choice by the end of the season.

Cheers

Luton fan here.

Just thought id give you a bit of info on jack stacey.

He is a great player, he kept james justin out of his preferred position of right back through his great performances so justin moved over to left back. Justin has just gone to leicester and is also a great player so you can see how well stacey has been playing for the last 2 years.

He has an unbelievable engine on him and never stops, he is always available when attacking and is always back to defend. He is a good crosser and will provide plenty of assists to your strikers wilson and king who i hope has a good season as ive picked him in my fantasy team! Reminds me of Alexander arnold but not as good final ball.

Ive been saying we had the best two rb and lb outside the premier in justin and stacey so its come as no surprise they are both moving on.

Been watching Luton since 1988 and i cant think of many better players than jack stacey.

Glad he is going to a team like yourselves as its how luton like to play so he will take to it like a duck to water. Id be amazed if he isnt first choice by the end of the season.

Cheers

Report on Leicester newspaper put that figure at £6 million a club record for Luton.

;