Jack Wilshere

MLS is getting better - Defoe went to Toronto FC before scoring a bunch for Sunderland in the PL.
Others have gone over there (here, for me) and then come back - Ibrahimovic, Rooney. A lot of teams would like to have him, and he wouldn't have the same media 'burden' that comes with being something of a failed golden boy in England.
If he's looking for something different, but challenging, MLS would be a good idea.

MLS is getting better - Defoe went to Toronto FC before scoring a bunch for Sunderland in the PL.
Others have gone over there (here, for me) and then come back - Ibrahimovic, Rooney. A lot of teams would like to have him, and he wouldn't have the same media 'burden' that comes with being something of a failed golden boy in England.
If he's looking for something different, but challenging, MLS would be a good idea.

yeah could work out. seems to be a big gulf in quality between 'offense' and 'defense' in the MLS still though.

It’s a money ball league. The big name players look at as easy money, happy to stroll through their contract or miss competition and run back to a proper league...even Scotland.

Did 2 stints just up the road at RAF Henlow, first one started in 82. Used to love Tiddly Tuesday in town
Ah.
I was but a mere whippersnapper when we moved down to Dorset in ‘79 - been back a few times since to see my old house and school etc ...

Interesting as not long back he asked Arsenal if he could train with their youngsters to get his fitness up and they said it wasn't possible due to their covid bubble. I wonder how we are able to make it work? Pure speculation but perhaps there's potentially a little more to this than simply training. Both sides taking a look at each other with a view to...

Interesting as not long back he asked Arsenal if he could train with their youngsters to get his fitness up and they said it wasn't possible due to their covid bubble. I wonder how we are able to make it work? Pure speculation but perhaps there's potentially a little more to this than simply training. Both sides taking a look at each other with a view to...

It’s well known he loved his time down here, the area and he’s very good mates with Steve Cook. Would love it if we could offer him some kind of deal. But we are pretty blessed in central midfield at the moment

That really is a feel good story. Lovely that he would ask AFCB and lovely that we are happy to accommodate him. For me it makes it pretty clear that he genuinely did enjoy and appreciate his time here with us and it wasn't just PR bull at the time.
Good luck Jack and as others have mentioned, he can be a really positive influence on some of our younger players whilst he is here.

It’s well known he loved his time down here, the area and he’s very good mates with Steve Cook. Would love it if we could offer him some kind of deal. But we are pretty blessed in central midfield at the moment

We are and in some ways it's the worst possible position to put budget given the amount we've already allocated there but, at the same time, he's something different to the CMs we have and if we could get 15 games out of him at this level he'd be boss. The deal would have to be very carefully structured but that shouldn't be too hard for something short term until the end of the season.

At the same time it might give him a chance to showcase that he's fit again to prospective clubs ready for a summer move.

Makes sense in some ways if we could get him on a sensible contract and some incoming cash from the sale of King. He's a creative player that would add another dimension to our play which might help turn these draws into wins.

Also there is big chance Lerma will get a significant ban if found guilty, plus we might have to fight off offers for Brooks.

Makes sense in some ways if we could get him on a sensible contract and some incoming cash from the sale of King. He's a creative player that would add another dimension to our play which might help turn these draws into wins.

Also there is big chance Lerma will get a significant ban if found guilty, plus we might have to fight off offers for Brooks.

he will know his fitness is below what is needed so maybe a win:win will be 15-20 roles as a sub initially that could be helpful if we need to get a goal late on.

However depends on wage demands - his need is to get fit and show he can play so maybe for the rest of season salary demands will be low.

he will know his fitness is below what is needed so maybe a win:win will be 15-20 roles as a sub initially that could be helpful if we need to get a goal late on.

However depends on wage demands - his need is to get fit and show he can play so maybe for the rest of season salary demands will be low.
I think the only stumbling block is that it makes no sense for us to pay him a wage if we are unlikely to play him ( which is probable ) and at the same time it makes little sense for him to commit to us if we are not going to give him the game time he needs to prove his fitness to potential suitors.

So although on the face of it, it might appear to make sense to offer him some sort of contract, actually it doesn't really make sense for either party.

I think there may be a desire on both sides to come to an arrangement but the reality is that it probably doesn't really make sense for either party.

I think the only stumbling block is that it makes no sense for us to pay him a wage if we are unlikely to play him ( which is probable ) and at the same time it makes little sense for him to commit to us if we are not going to give him the game time he needs to prove his fitness to potential suitors.

So although on the face of it, it might appear to make sense to offer him some sort of contract, actually it doesn't really make sense for either party.

I think there may be a desire on both sides to come to an arrangement but the reality is that it probably doesn't really make sense for either party.

Why would we not play the best CM to ever wear the shirt?

;