Jack Wilshere

I'm really interested to see how he does for us.
When he last played for us he was often exciting to watch as the ball has a way of sticking to him even in a crowd. However, what I noticed back then was that so often our (previously) fast attacks would slow down when he would receive the ball in midfield, look around, wave his arms, and not really run forward. I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but it seemed he was often on another wavelength from the rest of the team. At the time, some on here attributed that to his superiority to the rest of our team (as if he were just too intelligent for everyone else) but either way, you need to click with your teammates.
Having said that, he made some brilliant plays and was incredibly unlucky not to have several goals and many more assists than he did.
So, I'm a bit apprehensive based on his past performances. However, IF we can find a way to integrate his strengths, while compensating for his weaknesses, I think we will be a better team.

Think if Wilshere can put one of those special chips over the top of a packed defence and our forwards can finish the job by putting the ball in the net, it could mean 3 points from some of the games we have watched recently where we haven’t penetrated the oppositions box.

Was just thinking this myself, BTK. One thing we've never mastered, let alone grasped is that cheeky chip over the defence in a packed penalty area. Liverpool and Man City are so good at unlocking defences like that.

Think if Wilshere can put one of those special chips over the top of a packed defence and our forwards can finish the job by putting the ball in the net, it could mean 3 points from some of the games we have watched recently where we haven’t penetrated the oppositions box.

Good news all round. Jack has half a (promotion ) Championship season and an unexpected FA cup win. Celtic manager Eddie Howe and his assistant Simon Francis sign him for next season's SPL : )

Even if he doesn’t play, think billing lerma and l cook will up their game now / same effect on Charlie Daniels when we signed a new left back

Said it before on the forum, Jack brings quality to the team and his style of play rubs off on others. Plus it helps attract others debating the move to the wonders of AFC Bournnemouth

Questions about Wilshere's contract.

1. Is it a "pay as you are carried off” deal?
2. Will Darren Anderton be superceded as "sicknote" in club lore ?
3. Are the above overly pessimistic?

;