Jack Wilshere

Should be first name on the sheet, fitness permitting. Just makes the team tick. He was fantastic again, tonight.. Pure folly to have that talent sat on the bench in previous games.
Absolutely mind boggling ! Hearing Woodgate's praise for Jack after the game, I am more optimistic that Jack has nailed down the Lewis Cook position from here on in. That would be great for the team and also for Jack personally, who was a little bit disappointed not to be a regular starter for us. Cook's injury could actually end up benefitting the team as a whole and Jack Wilshere personally, so feasibly the best possible outcome under those unfortunate circumstances.

Jack is so genuinely committed to us when he is here that I was feeling sorry for him when he was being continually ignored as a starter. Now that needs must, hopefully the stars are aligning for all parties. Lewis will be back when Jack has (probably) moved on to better things ;)

Absolutely mind boggling ! Hearing Woodgate's praise for Jack after the game, I am more optimistic that Jack has nailed down the Lewis Cook position from here on in. That would be great for the team and also for Jack personally, who was a little bit disappointed not to be a regular starter for us. Cook's injury could actually end up benefitting the team as a whole and Jack Wilshere personally, so feasibly the best possible outcome under those unfortunate circumstances.

Jack is so genuinely committed to us when he is here that I was feeling sorry for him when he was being continually ignored as a starter. Now that needs must, hopefully the stars are aligning for all parties. Lewis will be back when Jack has (probably) moved on to better things ;)
Woodgate’s praise of him in his post match interview felt contrived and OTT to me, almost just to reiterate the praise he’d given him in the OHEC a day or 2 ago, despite having not played him much. It’s all well and good a manager praising his players but he needs to back it up with his selections

Woodgate’s praise of him in his post match interview felt contrived and OTT to me, almost just to reiterate the praise he’d given him in the OHEC a day or 2 ago, despite having not played him much. It’s all well and good a manager praising his players but he needs to back it up with his selections
Yes, a good interviewer would have asked "so if Jack controls the game, why didn't you bring him on last Saturday when you were trying to regain control of the match ?".
It did have a hint of "covering himself in glory after selecting him TONIGHT" about it. Still, makes it difficult to drop him now at least !

Very pleased to see Wilshere in the Lewis Cook role and credit to Woodgate for not falling for the “play him as a 10” trap, which isn’t his game.

That said for the balance it needs Billing in the 10 to be consistent, or we’re moving into the territory of Solanke deep with Long or Surridge as the 9.

Yesterday it worked, but we haven’t seen this side be consistent for 90 minutes let alone in a few games on the trot.

Yes, a good interviewer would have asked "so if Jack controls the game, why didn't you bring him on last Saturday when you were trying to regain control of the match ?".
It did have a hint of "covering himself in glory after selecting him TONIGHT" about it. Still, makes it difficult to drop him now at least !

It was quite bizarre. JW comments were exactly what we have heard countless times before when an injured player returns to the team. In this case however, Wilshere wasn't injured and had been sat on the bench if JW had wanted to use him.

Unless JW has suddenly changed his mind it is worryingly contradictory.

..thought JW's after match comments were a little too revealing...epsecially what he said about Billing, not sure those sorts of comments are useful in the public domain?

True players will have ups and downs in form and stuff, but I think IF they spoke about Woodgate in that way after a game then it would mean trouble?

As for Danjuma?...yes he played well, but he alluded that he had all season which was not true...confidence is one thing but blindness to fact is another...he showed more maturity last night and added another dimension to his game which has been sadly lacking in most matches he has appeared this term...in his distribution and delivery, rather than the one trick ' I will try and beat all the defenders and shoot!'

...now if Solanke can sort his feet out then we would be on the way to something special! :)

In JW’s defence, he might have thought 2 games in 4 days would be too much for Jack and that he would be more suited for Swansea. Still think he should’ve brought him on in the second half on Saturday though. And totally agree with others that if fit we should build the team around him.

In JW’s defence, he might have thought 2 games in 4 days would be too much for Jack and that he would be more suited for Swansea. Still think he should’ve brought him on in the second half on Saturday though. And totally agree with others that if fit we should build the team around him.
...no doubting that Jack brings some calmness to our often frenetic play and has vision that some others don't have..

Last night, at times, Wilshere reminded me of the how Andrerton used to command the centre circle... Calm and did the simple things right to keep the ball moving positively... Always wanting it, to lay it it back off quickly...

Thought he was very good last night, but equally, I thought Billing had one of his best games, which probably helped Jack...

Last night, at times, Wilshere reminded me of the how Andrerton used to command the centre circle... Calm and did the simple things right to keep the ball moving positively... Always wanting it, to lay it it back off quickly...

Thought he was very good last night, but equally, I thought Billing had one of his best games, which probably helped Jack...
Jack there and Billing further forward with less responsibility for defending seems to be an ideal fit for both. A promising combination. Let's hope they can both stay fit for another dozen games or so !

:utc:

Jack there and Billing further forward with less responsibility for defending seems to be an ideal fit for both. A promising combination. Let's hope they can both stay fit for another dozen games or so !

:utc:

Yeah although according to JW when questioned by the Sky reporters "that's where I've played Billing since I've been here" :unsure:

Slightly ironic that he looked like the only Bournemouth player with a desire to get to Wembley.
Fairly damning on the attitude of the rest of the team but doesn’t necessarily come as a shock.
I’m pissed off.

;