Jack Wilshere

Anyone that doubts this is a positive needs their head checking... As has been mentioned already, Wilshere experienced one of his best spells for being injury-free when in a red n black shirt. Eddie managed him well and knew how much Wilshere could do. One would hope that Tindall will also understand how to treat Jack and manage him.

Wilshere obviously likes it down here and wants to be here... He could have chosen other clubs to train with but opted to come down here. A lot of loan players still live in their home location and use the loan club as just that... a loan club. Wilshere invested in us last time... moved his family down here, got his kids all over social media in AFCB kits etc. bonded well wit the team and seemed to be really enjoying himself on the coast.

If he's got "unfinished business" here then we can hope that he will go all out for us. He was never really utilised in his best role under Eddie. We all knew he wasn't the man for the flat 4 midfield. Hopefully now we'll start to see him more attacking in that front 3.

For me, Solanke, King, Danjuma, Brooks, Stanislas and Wilshere is a pretty decent looking attacking line up...

Hoping we see him on Tuesday... and well done all involved in getting him here and getting him to sign a short-term deal...

Last edited:
Funnily enough his best spell of staying fit was with us. He played in 27 league games out of a possible 31 until he got that broken leg at Spurs near the end of the season.

I think it's a case of rose tinted specs here. Looking at his stats we actually lost most of those games(13), including losses to Sunderland, Middlesboro, Hull, West Brom and Stoke.

I think it's a case of rose tinted specs here. Looking at his stats we actually lost most of those games(13), including losses to Sunderland, Middlesboro, Hull, West Brom and Stoke.

For the most, I don't think Wilshere was played in a position that highlighted his best abilities when here... I'm absolutely hoping we see him as part of our front 3 now, sitting in behind Solanke. Either that or rotating with L.Cook and playing that midfield maestro role, but with more freedom that his first spell here.

I just think our flexible system will fit Wilshire more than before.

This is great news for reasons already mentioned by others.

Hopefully it means getting a greater number early balls into the box and to the strikers' feet. Hopefully the likes of King and Solanke will start to gamble more and we'll create more chances against the difficult to break down sides. Hopefully he'll stay fit. Hopefully :)

Very happy with his addition. In him we have someone who has seen a lot of what’s involved in being a ‘star footballer’ he’s seen the lights, he’s experienced the highs, he experienced the lows. Hopefully he can help get the squad focussed on what matters when it comes to getting it done on the pitch.

I think this could be what we need to get firing. At least the majority who’ve posted today are happy which takes the mind off that crap on Saturday.

I just hope he's not targeted by aggressive opponents who regard him as a threat. (Don't let them read that!). If he can avoid injury I'm sure he'll make a worthwhile contribution to the rest of the season.

...can see Jack being a more than useful addition to our squad which is a bit lacking in creativity and midfield intensity at times...Lerma will get another suspension and we have plenty of experience to add with Jack and Dan in the squad.

not if we're having to jettison some of our home grown talent to pay his wages
...not sure that we have any true top rated talent in our youth apart from maybe Surridge,Anthony and Burchall...who are strikers....I can't for instance see Kilkenny or Oforborh making it into our midfield anytime soon?

...not sure that we have any true top rated talent in our youth apart from maybe Surridge,Anthony and Burchall...who are strikers....I can't for instance see Kilkenny or Oforborh making it into our midfield anytime soon?

not even next season if we're still in this division and the money has run out?
are we gambling on one player (assuming he stays fit) keeping us in the promotion picture at the expense of future financial stability?

[edited to say obviously still waiting for NSC to run the numbers for us]

I just hope he's not targeted by aggressive opponents who regard him as a threat. (Don't let them read that!). If he can avoid injury I'm sure he'll make a worthwhile contribution to the rest of the season.

One comments from Derby site re Wilshere.

Think they are all tongue in cheek though. :grinning:

Professional hospital patient Jack Wilshere has signed a short-term deal with Bournemouth - if he plays tomorrow, we''ll need Shinnie in the team to kick him up in the air in the first minute....

;