Jacob Tanswell

Saw the job advertised yesterday and wondered if the recent athletic vacancy might have been offered to him. Think their saint's guy moved on. Tbh I could never understand how he could spend so much time producing that many in depth articles in a local paper set-up when they're all on their a*se.

He will be greatly missed.

I hope he hasn't gone to The Athletic not my cup of tea sort of organisation.

[QUOTE="hba1, post: 637295, member: 294"
I hope he hasn't gone to The Athletic not my cup of tea sort of organisation.[/QUOTE]
what's wrong with it?
[genuine question]

My first thought was that I bet he's gone to The Athletic... The perfect style of writing to fit in with them. Very similar to Peter Rutzler... Wish him all the best and hope someoene equally talented steps in...

Good luck to him. Needs a bigger platform than Dorset live and think he covered saints before us. Enjoyed reading his articles which were far better than Bournemouth echo.

it's rare you see that in journalism nowadays but it's a bit like when rio or jermaine were with us, you could just see instantlý that they were going on to much greater things.

New Forest Cherry being old school I am not into subscriptions. Just a matter of taste.

I don't get why people won't pay a sub when you would happily buy a newspaper and then chuck it in the bin when you have read it.

I bet you also have Spotify or something similar.

I don't get why people won't pay a sub when you would happily buy a newspaper and then chuck it in the bin when you have read it.

I bet you also have Spotify or something similar.

I paid for the Athletic for a year and definitely got my money's worth... then they just took £70 out of my account for the following year and that really wound me up so I told them to shove it.

The trick is to not agree to auto renew, let your subs lapse and the a couple of weeks later you get a special offer of something like £2pm.

The trick is to not agree to auto renew, let your subs lapse and the a couple of weeks later you get a special offer of something like £2pm.

I didn't realise I had agreed to it. I got the money back and that's the last I'll have to do with them. I can't stand sly firms that try it on. Virgin media are the same.

;