January Transfer Rumours

Unfortunately Harry seems to be playing for himself and not the team.
Or maybe he is unsuited to the position he is playing in and is talent is not being fully developed by us. He has been in and out of the side shoved out on the wing in a wide midfield role and is often the scapegoat removed early on when others have played poorly too.

He should have been given a chance behind the forwards but we don’t play that system so he has to sit on the bench and watch Solanke imitating a professional footballer. I bet he can’t wait to go back.

Or maybe he is unsuited to the position he is playing in and is talent is not being fully developed by us. He has been in and out of the side shoved out on the wing in a wide midfield role and is often the scapegoat removed early on when others have played poorly too.

He should have been given a chance behind the forwards but we don’t play that system so he has to sit on the bench and watch Solanke imitating a professional footballer. I bet he can’t wait to go back.
Bingo.

i think harry is best suited to a midfield 3 where he can use his passing and shooting more effectively. hes not a winger and doesnt have the pace for it imo. if he had a run in the middle with lerma and billing alongside of him that may work but we are at crunch time atm. i do think a pacy direct winger would also help our strikers and stretch teams more as atm we are very easy to defend against as its all infront of the opposition and very slow

Or maybe he is unsuited to the position he is playing in and is talent is not being fully developed by us. He has been in and out of the side shoved out on the wing in a wide midfield role
Maybe that's where Klopp asked Eddie to play him to develop his all round ability?

Maybe that's where Klopp asked Eddie to play him to develop his all round ability?
As long as Klopp is at Liverpool I don't see where Harry fits in. They use their full backs for width rather than wingers and the nearest they play to a number 10 is Firmino. I'm not saying that he's not talented, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As long as Klopp is at Liverpool I don't see where Harry fits in. They use their full backs for width rather than wingers and the nearest they play to a number 10 is Firmino. I'm not saying that he's not talented, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

in many ways a true 10 is dying. a lots play with a midfield 3 now and most teams require all their players even attacking mids to work hard, press and track back. Ozil was pressing and tracking back vs united.

Marvin Johnson from Middlesbrough being linked... Not a glamorous signing but wouldn’t be a surprise to see him come and do well, can also play in many positions so may be useful.

Marvin Johnson from Middlesbrough being linked... Not a glamorous signing but wouldn’t be a surprise to see him come and do well, can also play in many positions so may be useful.
He loves a shot

Isn't the point though that he's struggled out wide for us with pace/defending? As you say Liverpool get their width from fullbacks - the front 3 stay very narrow with little defensive responsibility.

So actually think their system suits him (and much more than ours) - but can't see him being any more than a cup rotation player if he stays there.

He's pretty keen on tap ins as well. :grinning:

Hang on a minute.

I've just checked his record.

He scored 2 in 39 for Boro.

The rest were for teams like Kidderminster Harriers.

And he's twenty bloody nine.

I'm fast going off this bloke.
oh christ

;