January transfer window

• Thread starter removed at users request
  • Start date
It's time to bring back the prodigal son Brett Pitman for 6 months as cover upfront. Sad to see him rotting on bench at Pompey. I could see a Fletch style return working out and Brett coming on as a sub at St Marys and scoring a last minute winner. Would be deaths in the away end.
You know it!

Who plays right sided centre half if cook gets injured? I think we need another recruit.

I know nothing about the player except what it says in the article and there it states he's a RB so probably wouldn't be an option to fill in for Cook anyway. Unless he's a versatile player.

We might need another recruit at the back and Mepham seems the obvious candidate given our historical interest but I think it's unlikely we'll move for another RB this window.

I still don't get the interest in Meehan unless we are expecting someone to go. Doesn't he play as left side of CB? So same as Ake, Mings and Simpson?

I know nothing about the player except what it says in the article and there it states he's a RB so probably wouldn't be an option to fill in for Cook anyway. Unless he's a versatile player.

We might need another recruit at the back and Mepham seems the obvious candidate given our historical interest but I think it's unlikely we'll move for another RB this window.

Mepham is primarily a centre half that can cover at full back

Last season he was playing right sided CB. I've seen on the other thread DJ mentioned this season he's playing on the left side but that may be because they have the opposite issue we have with CBs.

;