Jefferson Lerma

section 38: "The video recordings are inconclusive, they are consistent of a bite but not conclusive of one. The issue of whether Lerma bit Windass must therefore be resolved by an analysis of the factual evidence"....err wut?

next section outlines the "facts" starting with "Mr Windass believed that he was bitten"

I believe I am a millionaire....does this make it a fact?
Ridiculous verdict if that's what it came down to.

And Windass had the opportunity to point this out and show the evidence to the referee at the time ( if he was so aggrieved and convinced of wrongdoing ). Conveniently for him, he presumably forgot to do this and only remembered that he'd been bitten after the game had finished ???

Honestly, if we don't appeal this Jeff should tell the club to absolutely do one.
We can't let his reputation suffer just because we're afraid of the FA.
And the fact that this "verdict" is conveniently announced AFTER the season has ended, suggests that this is just a fudged verdict. Perhaps the club agreed to this "verdict" on the basis that the penalty would not be applied until the following season ?

There's definitely something very fishy about the way they've only announced this verdict now, don't you think ?

Windass

2. I was marking [Lerma] for a freekick when I saw him move his mouth towards my shoulder and then felt him bite me on my shoulder. It felt like a nip. I shouted to the Referee immediately that [Lerma] had just bitten me.

3. After I had shouted to the Referee that [Lerma] had bitten me I then pushed
[Lerma] and then the freekick was taken. [Lerma] fell to the ground to win
a penalty and I said to [Lerma] that he was a pussy and I laughed at him.

4. Despite wearing two layers of clothing the bite left a red mark on my shoulder which was visible even though I have a sleeve tattoo. The mark looked like a red rash. After the game, I showed the mark to Andy Hughes, First Team Coach, and couple of the other lads. I did not receive any treatment for the bite but it did still feel numb the day after, similar to what you feel after you have had an injection.

Lerma

2.4 In the 82nd minute of the Match we were awarded a free kick on the right- hand side of the pitch, level with the edge of the Sheffield Wednesday penalty area. I positioned myself just to the left of the penalty spot with the intention of running forward to attack the ball as it was crossed into the penalty area. This is a standard movement that we practice frequently in training.

2.5 Whilst waiting for the free kick to be taken, Mr Windass attempted to try and block any move that I made in a forward direction using the full force of his body, as well as wrapping his arms around my waist, making it impossible for me to move freely. His movements were similar to those that I have experienced from other defending players in many games previously.

2.6 Mr Windass was using considerable force, and therefore in an effort to try and free myself and make a movement towards the goal I tucked my head into his arm and pushed against him using the full force of my upper body to try and free myself from his grasp.

2.7 Although this freed me for a moment, Mr Windass continued to push and jostle in whatever way he could to block my route to goal, with the end result being that I was knocked to the ground.

2.8 At no point during this movement, or at any stage during the Match, did I bite Mr Windass. It is probable that I made contact with him as we were jostling but his allegation of a bite is completely untrue. This is not something I would do, on or off the pitch.

2. I was marking [Lerma] for a freekick when I saw him move his mouth towards my shoulder and then felt him bite me on my shoulder. It felt like a nip. I shouted to the Referee immediately that [Lerma] had just bitten me.

Oh now I get it. The FA is banning Lerma retrospectively due to the incompetence of their own referee who completely ignored the opportunity to get to the bottom of this when it happened and view the evidence. I mean, surely a competent referee would not ignore an accusation of biting during the game ?

Also there are obvious inconsistencies in Windass' version of events.
"It felt like a nip"
"It still felt numb the day after"

Any chance of a ban for Windass for calling Lerma a pussy ( which he openly admits to here ) or is the use of offensive language allowed these days ?

:slap:

Last edited:

Oh now I get it. The FA is banning Lerma retrospectively due to the incompetence of their own referee who completely ignored the opportunity to get to the bottom of this when it happened and view the evidence. I mean, surely a competent referee would not ignore an accusation of biting during the game ?

Also there are obvious inconsistencies in Windass' version of events.
"It felt like a nip"
"It still felt numb the day after"

Any chance of a ban for Windass for calling Lerma a pussy ( which he openly admits to here ) or is the use of offensive language allowed these days ?

:slap:

exactly, that nip comment and then felt numb day after... seriously.

exactly, that nip comment and then felt numb day after... seriously.
"I have a sleeve tattoo"
"The mark looked like a red rash."
"it did still feel numb the day after, similar to what you feel after you have had an injection."

Or indeed as it would feel after you've just had some work done on your charming sleeve tattoo you muppet.

Maybe he just forgot that he'd had some touch up work done on his tats and decided that Jeff's nip really must have hurt him.

:D

"I have a sleeve tattoo"
"The mark looked like a red rash."
"it did still feel numb the day after, similar to what you feel after you have had an injection."

Or indeed as it would feel after you've just had some work done on your charming sleeve tattoo you muppet.

Maybe he just forgot that he'd had some touch up work done on his tats and decided that Jeff's nip really must have hurt him.

:D
Did he say he'd just had the tattoo?

These are what the FA call "factual evidence"
The crux of this matter is that the referee allegedly had every opportunity to deal with it at the time ( if Windass can be believed ). If he'd just done his job and investigated and dealt with it at the time, the FA wouldn't have needed to do this half-arsed investigation in the first place. Now we have somebody being judged as guilty based on hearsay with no opportunity for the physical evidence to be reviewed.

How they arrive at a guilty verdict with this total lack of evidence really is a mystery to me. It is genuinely disgraceful and we should appeal this unless of course Jeff has secretly admitted to somebody at the club that actually, erm, he did do it :p

The crux of this matter is that the referee allegedly had every opportunity to deal with it at the time ( if Windass can be believed ). If he'd just done his job and investigated and dealt with it at the time, the FA wouldn't have needed to do this half-arsed investigation in the first place. Now we have somebody being judged as guilty based on hearsay with no opportunity for the physical evidence to be reviewed.

How they arrive at a guilty verdict with this total lack of evidence really is a mystery to me. It is genuinely disgraceful and we should appeal this unless of course Jeff has secretly admitted to somebody at the club that actually, erm, he did do it :p
Right, I would be interested in seeing the referees report to see if there was any mention of it. I still can't get my head around how there is no photographic evidence - in this day an age I would have thought there would be photos in every filter possible.

Whole thing stinks. If he did it then pleased he gets a ban but there needs to be evidence. Innocent until proven guilty is a fairly well established approach. Sadly the whole governance of football has turned me off the game now including var.

Quite what windass’ father thinks of it given what he dished out every week

As for lerma may have a long summer in copa America so likely to miss the start of the season. He may not even be with us.

Is it league games or all games?

Whole thing stinks. If he did it then pleased he gets a ban but there needs to be evidence. Innocent until proven guilty is a fairly well established approach. Sadly the whole governance of football has turned me off the game now including var.

Quite what windass’ father thinks of it given what he dished out every week

As for lerma may have a long summer in copa America so likely to miss the start of the season. He may not even be with us.

Is it league games or all games?

I think it’s the tournament it happened in, so Champuonship.

farcical, and it took 6 months ? Surprised they didn't deduct us points and give them to Weds to keep a "big" club in the division.
Club should definitely appeal.

I think it’s the tournament it happened in, so Champuonship.

It says at the end,

"suspended from all domestic club football with immediate effect until such time as AFC Bournemouth has completed six First Team competitive matches in approved competitions"

I assume that means league and cup?

An outrageous decision as there is no factual evidence. I recall it came to light when we were scheduled to play them next game at DC.

An absolute farce, I bet the vicious bite didn't hurt Windarse as much as Mings hurt Zlats pretty pony tail. It seems that the FA has it in for the tinpot little club that had the temerity to play with the big boys for 5 years. I now know what FA stands for. F*****g Ars****s!

;