Jefferson Lerma

In the past clubs have insisted they only agree to sell a player if he puts in a formal transfer request. Andy Carroll to Liverpool rings a bell...

I guess it’s partly to save face and blame the player but I do believe it’s a financial hit for the player too
I’ve always thought if player puts in request then he forfeit his % of sell on

Do they not lose any signing on fee left to be paid as well? The signing on fee is usually for duration of the contract, not a lump sum, I think. If he had any of this left, then that would make the money that they (the club) make larger.

Further update from from today's Mirror - Latest on Lerma
Bournemouth target Jefferson Lerma has reportedly handed in a transfer request.
Lerma is one of Eddie Howe’s major transfer targets with a £25m bid believed to have been launched for the Levante midfielder.
But the deal has been rejected with Lerma furious he has not been given the chance to play in the Premier League.

They also say Harry's likely to be off to Fulham.

From one report about his transfer request:

"He made 26 appearances in La Liga last term but will need to improve his temperament after picking up 16 yellow cards in that time.

In fact, Lerma was booked more times than any other player in La Liga last term."

What could possibly go wrong? :grinning:

If anyone wants to take a read some thoughts on him from the Levante fans here's their forum: https://granotas.net/foro-levante-ud/

There are a few different threads about him. Google Translate is your friend.

From what I could tell, when The Sun published an article saying we were about to bid €32m for him some still didn't want to sell whilst others thought the money was enough to strengthen them in enough positions that they should take it. No posts that I could see saying he wasn't worth that and they should bite our hands off quickly. Interesting that they must rate him so highly!

And yet he was one of the few Colombia players not to get booked! Must have been on his best behaviour to impress Eddie - even if he did to a bit of "gardening" on the penalty spot

I thought that at the time but went back and checked it carefully and the camera angle made it look like it was him but it was actually another player.

Further update from from today's Mirror - Latest on Lerma
Bournemouth target Jefferson Lerma has reportedly handed in a transfer request.
Lerma is one of Eddie Howe’s major transfer targets with a £25m bid believed to have been launched for the Levante midfielder.
But the deal has been rejected with Lerma furious he has not been given the chance to play in the Premier League.

They also say Harry's likely to be off to Fulham.

Makes sense as Scott Parker now back as a coach at Fulham plus the manager knows him from the championship. Good move for him.

;