Jefferson Lerma

How is it so difficult to send £20 million quid ffs

There must be a cheaper and better option that doesn't involve some obscure bloke from Columbia we'd never heard of, who plays for some crap Spanish team most of us have never heard of...

Its laughable

For him, the chance to go to Bournemouth represents a financially unique opportunity for all involved, and he’s pushing for it.
Following this latest setback, the Cherries are now reported to be focusing on a midfield alternative, unwilling to pay €30m for Lerma, which is how much Levante want, and have turned their attention to Krasnodar’s Viktor Claesson, who would only cost them €10m.
However, with Eddie Howe seeing the Colombian as his number one target, Superdeporte believe there’s a good chance Bournemouth will return with an improved offer before August 9th, when the English transfer window closes.

There must be a cheaper and better option that doesn't involve some obscure bloke from Columbia we'd never heard of, who plays for some crap Spanish team most of us have never heard of...

Its laughable
Is this a joke post? Or do you really think that?

I estimate that about 10.750 of our 11,000 fans would agree with Red Houses Post!
I'd never heard of Lerma or Levante before this summer! !!!

Are you really trying to win an argument using your own lack of knowledge as evidence?

Who cares who's heard of him? Most of us don't know much about any of the players we've signed in recent years - we're not Real Madrid. All that matters is how good he is and we'll find out soon enough.

Are you really trying to win an argument using your own lack of knowledge as evidence?

Who cares who's heard of him? Most of us don't know much about any of the players we've signed in recent years - we're not Real Madrid. All that matters is how good he is and we'll find out soon enough.

A bit harsh ....Apart from Mousset and Iturbe we've had a decent idea of what we've been getting. Is this guy going to suddenly morph into a mid table PL footballer because he cost £25 million...

I think we're getting blinded by the figures here and for this sort of money we should be assured he's good, not have to wait.

I do see RH and Bill's point though. He didn't do much in the WC, there seems to be some issues with temperament, his highlights didn't seem that spell-binding. For 30M. It smells a little desperate. Not a lot says that he is the real stuff - maybe he is, and maybe we will know soon enough. I would prefer a proven player.

A bit harsh ....Apart from Mousset and Iturbe we've had a decent idea of what we've been getting. Is this guy going to suddenly morph into a mid table PL footballer because he cost £25 million...

I think we're getting blinded by the figures here and for this sort of money we should be assured he's good, not have to wait.

People have been moaning about our scouting network for long enough - this has included criticism of our lack decent European scouts.

It is cloud Cuckoo Land to think we are in the market for proven players - if he wasn't a bit of a punt he'd cost double and would be going to a different club. We can't have it both ways.

I for one am not particularly interested in what he costs (or what car he drives) - I do like the idea that he is a tough DM because like many I think we are missing someone like that. If he can also play RB then even better. Sure he might be crap but all signings have the potential to be crap.

The only worry is the possibility that this is not a signing driven by EH - god knows what's what behind the scenes but let's hope the seemingly different direction this summer's targets have taken is driven by EH and not American investors or anyone else.

The reason I was asking if it was a joke post was saying that someone who plays in a top league in Europe, and deemed good enough to play in the Quarter Finals of the World Cup for a pretty decent country is not good enough for us? (Or not worth the money or that there is better out there or whatever words people are using). Because we have so many players currently playing for us who were in the World Cup. If Lewis Cook had moved from Leeds to a middling La Liga\Serie A team, or Nathan Ake (when he was at Chelsea and being loaned out to Watford and us), you think they'd have heard of them? It's the same people that say we should sign Mepham, you think outside of the UK we'd have heard of him?
Also those saying that he didn't look great at the World Cup, guess that means none of those German players would improve our team then. Oh hold on, we've heard of those and know they can play better, so that's different. If we haven't heard of them, they can't possibly have played better. Nevermind the countless times the scouting department have (hopefully) seen him play.

Its laughable
I often agree with you but I’m really struggling with this post. I’m sure there is an alternative, but up until this point the club would have been very confident of doing the Lerma deal. He clearly wants to come and 20m is a good fee for Levante. I wouldn’t be surprised if we even advised him (indirectly) to go AWOL. Should we have signed someone else just in case the Lerma deal didn’t come off? What a waste of money that would have been should things have gone to plan with Lerma.

I have no doubt we do have alternative targets but we’re hardly likely to come out and publicise them as soon as the Lerma deal hits a roadblock. The transfer window is often a complete lottery unless you have serious money to throw around. I’ll be making my judgment of the clubs business ar 11:01pm on the day the transfer window shuts.

A South American international who recently played in the knockout rounds of the World Cup, who plays in La Liga and finished safely 15th last season, and who was involved in Levante beating Barcelona in May, the only La Liga side to beat them ALL season.

Yeah he's clearly crap.

...the guy obviously has something that Eddie Howe likes, and £20 million seems to be somewhere near an average price for an International...at the end of the day Levante are playing hardball just as we would if someone came in for King, Ake or Lewis Cook?..the club would have set a maximum fee that they would let Howe spend on the player as a financial restraint...but as a fan I would be excited by his signing and there would be no point in bleating on about is he worth it etc because what we pay will be what AFCB deem fit for his services and that is not our business?

Do people think this transfer could end up like the chase for gray and end up not happening? We need to get some one in in that position as we have been crying out for a defensive midfielder for 2-3 seasons

Quite funny how contracending people are of Levante. I'm sure if any top half team from Serie A or La Liga went to buy one of our players then think "Who?" as well.

Levante drew with Madrid twice, beat Barca, drew with Valencia and took 4 points from Sevilla.

A South American international who recently played in the knockout rounds of the World Cup, who plays in La Liga and finished safely 15th last season, and who was involved in Levante beating Barcelona in May, the only La Liga side to beat them ALL season.

Yeah he's clearly crap.

You've done a better job than his agent. He looked nothing other than ordinary in my opinion. 'South American' and 'knockout stages'....give over.

Quite funny how contracending people are of Levante. I'm sure if any top half team from Serie A or La Liga went to buy one of our players then think "Who?" as well.

Levante drew with Madrid twice, beat Barca, drew with Valencia and took 4 points from Sevilla.

Thanks for that, Harry Arter could also possibly claim similar stats in the PL, he's also a full International as well but sadly for his CV Ireland isn't in South America.

Yeah he's clearly crap.

And obviously all of that had nothing to do with the players along side him. It was all just him

;