Jefferson Lerma

Don't mind a couple of Northern Europeans.. Ake certainly our best for years. Like to see him in midfield? and Mings behind him!
So best I wind my neck in now and see what happens!

So you want what's best for AFCB, but every player has to be English? You're not making any sense, but your last suggestion, to wind your neck in, is the most sensible comment I've seen from you.

No one cares what you mind or don't mind, you're simply looking for attention, and luckily you got some, have a pat on the head. But the first post was uninvited, unwanted, and uninformed

I see no reason why he wouldn't add something to the team, except his injury record, which is a worry. Especially given our recent record of folk with injuries succumbing to them again, which is exactly what happened with Jefferson one torn hamstring then loads of pauses due to bad hamstring

So reading this thread it seems most you have lowered yourself to the level you believe Bill has lowered himself to. A persons opinion is his opinion, open to debate and not always agreed with , but I'm guessing that as no one here actually knows Bill there is really no justification for the vilification he is receiving. Some of you need to get off your soapboxes

Having already got bored with the World Cup syndrome now I might catch a game involving Colombia . Be just my luck for him to be an unused sub.

Reactions: drd
But it’s tongue in cheek with zero context or precedent. It’s a thread about a Colombian player, and then BMC says “We really don’t need those in this country”. Where’s the joke?

That’s like me going on the World Cup thread and saying “Ew other races, I’ll stick to the FA Cup thanks”. There’s no correlation to the subject matter.

Not the point you were making but I bet you'll see players from more than 32 nations in the FA cup.

Hands up who complained.

Hand up here. His inane drivel is usually that but this was over the line.

Why would I need to shut down my computer because I think that? This isn't 4chan. If you want an anything goes AFCB forum, I'm sure they'd be happy to help you. Good luck with that. For what it's worth, it's the first comment I've ever reported.

As for the comment above that he doesn't deserve any vilification online for making a vile comment online, that doesn't really stack up. However, I have no further interest in anything he has to say. I don't imagine for a moment that will make the slightest difference to him. So it goes.

Well those of you that can't see my points of view or are offended by my lighthearted sarcastic banter or can't see what's happening to our national sport being put onto spreadsheets.... ok your opinions are as valid as mine, some right, some wrong ?.. but it's mainly those that disagree that come on here and rip me up and the usual 'Forum Gods' and PC afficionados that sit and wait for even the tiniest spelling mistakes ,social anomaly or flawed rhetoric. Nothing to do with attention seeking..just getting the media s##t off my chest and out of my ears.
I'm confident that about 75% of older football fans share my views!
Going offline for 4 days now...coming to Poole this weekend, around the Quay area, JollySailor/Nelson Friday evening...Bright red jacket, red Check shirt if anyone's around.

Multiple complaints....... post removed.

Some of you sad sacks need to get a life, and not run to teacher every time something upsets you. If you are so easily offended I suggest you shut down your computer, close your curtains and block the nasty, nasty outside world from crossing your path again.

Hands up who complained.

No one's running to teacher, we're all simply saying there's no need for it, to the person. As I said earlier, I'm sure he thought it amusing and possibly satire, but given previous comments it doesn't come off as satire, it looks like xenophobia, and if a joke makes other feel empowered to hold views then it's a shit joke that failed

If you want to be a straight up racist prick just do it, at least we all know where we stand then, couching it in a joke, blaming it on being from a different generation, that's all bollocks when it washes out, simple facts are simple

Bill it was silly thing to say unless you mean it. If you're fiercely nationalistic then why are northern europeans ok? They're still foreign

If it is racial, then just say that, I mean all those years sailing the seven seas I imagine gave you fair reason to be scared of brown faces, in which case let's string Luther and Efan up, in fact Aylott had curly hair, maybe he's one of them as well, never know when you're safe do you

Racism...I'm about as far from racism as you can get, Cockbeard and co.
I think the word has gathered different interpretations over the years and younger folks are oh so sensitive.
If I thought that I was Racist aiming 'vile' comments at anyone id rather be dead tbh. As I've said before people fall about at 'jokes ' from Frankie Boyle. He makes me want to punch the screen!
I spend time in Wales where my kids live ..West Wales near Swansea..some of the vile stuff about the English I've heard around there..but it comes from many historic sources and reasons, hundreds of years worth..I shrug it off knowing they are really just oppressed people looking for an outlet of their emotions....they are not using weapons as if they were living 300 years ago..but some would call it racism!
It's a complicated subject and people will make jokes that others see as vile. People also change views with age..the 30 year old me would not go for a beer with me now!

;