Jefferson Lerma

another one
Colin Clarke was still our player when he played (and I think he scored) against Brazil for Northern Ireland in the 1986 finals.

I was at that game in Mexico when Clarke played against Brazil but he didn't score as they lost 3-0, he did score against Spain in the group games though.
https://uk.ask.com/youtube?q=1986+world+cup+Northern+ireland+games&v=Z0BVcMent4k

Felt proud to see Clarke play as an AFCB player and was very upset to get back home a few weeks later and hear he had been sold to scummers. Still his transfer fee paid for our promotion that season.

*warning: football related post*

comment from warnock...

"Bournemouth have just bought a player we were looking at actually, but it was more than what our budget is.”

is he on about lerma? or just wrong

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-make-loan-offers-14784060

Not seen any mention of us actually signing a player on COWS or anywhere else.

Could be it hasn’t been announced officially yet for certain reasons, also Warnock might know something we don’t as he must have made enquiries or heard something as he says they were looking at him.

Otherwise he has just read/heard in the media the rumours like we the fans have.

Well if we are going to sign (or have signed) him, what are they waiting for? The end of Colombia's World Cup run? Because it would be distracting for the team?
I guess, if it's done, it's done, but from the point of view of the top 1% uber-fan (which is everybody on this forum), it would be nice to not have to wait for several weeks to find out.

There's been a bit of talk about our new accounting period starting in July so we will be waiting until then before any signings are announced.

Of course perceived delays to give journalists, especially those of the clickbait variety, the opportunity to speculate about there being a hitch. The truth is, everything is just guesswork and we'll all have to be patient

When you read the transfer centre it is talk of foreign club signings/interest or the top six in this country.

Then there are signings in the lower leagues.

When it comes to clubs like ours there has been little or no news.

We went through this with Defoe last summer. Page after page of rumours he had gone elsewhere and the Daily Star reporting it had all hit the rocks over terms. Reality was it was a done deal but he respected his contract to Sunderland which ran to the end of June. With Lerma at the World Cup too there is another reason.

I would imagine he has already signed and will be looking forward with relish to his three appearances against Exeter, Brentford and Sheff Utd ;):D

Last edited:
We went through this with Defoe last summer. Page after page of rumours he had gone elsewhere and the Daily Star reporting it had all hit the rocks over terms. Reality was it was a done deal but he respected his contract to Sunderland which ran to the end of June. With Lerma at the World Cup too there is another reason.

I would imagine he has already signed and will be looking forward with relish to

Would you be happy with him Neil?

Can’t tell I guess until you see him but on paper the player we need and good to see us looking abroad again.

Yeah that's my thinking. He sounds like exactly the type of player I think we should sign - obviously he could be crap but hopefully Eddie has done his homework.

;