Jefferson Lerma

We had better move quickly if they are interested in him. ;)

“I played around 25 minutes against Madrid,” Lerma said. “When I was leaving I bumped in to the Levante president with some club directors and Florentino Pérez. He said hello and said, ‘congratulations, you played well and ran a lot”.

“I thanked him and responded, ‘bring me to Real Madrid,’ to which he said, ‘keep on like that and you’ll come, you’ll see.’ I looked at him, smiled, and said ‘ok’”

https://en.as.com/en/2018/05/18/football/1526652456_635708.html

I don't know about anyone else but if one of our players was making statements like that to the press about a conversation he'd had with Daniel Levy I don't think I'd be too impressed. A little lacking in respect for his current club!

I don't know about anyone else but if one of our players was making statements like that to the press about a conversation he'd had with Daniel Levy I don't think I'd be too impressed. A little lacking in respect for his current club!

Didn't Arter say something similar to Pep after the home game a couple of years ago? Admittedly probably wasn't intended to be broadcast but....

Your level of dislike for Lerma suggests that you have quite an in-depth knowledge of him as a player. Any chance you could spell out the basis of this dislike for those of us not in-the-know, aside from the fact that he's foreign?
Please, lets not. We all know Bills feelings on this subject!

Your level of dislike for Lerma suggests that you have quite an in-depth knowledge of him as a player. Any chance you could spell out the basis of this dislike for those of us not in-the-know, aside from the fact that he's foreign?
Quite simple.....mainly Instinct and as you can see by the way players from that country behave under stress not what I and many others want!
His disciplinary record isn't too special .

My initial posts on the subject were due to all the hype about foreign players coming here while we moan about England not having enough talent to draw on in the PL.
However the following is what you want to hear;

It's pretty obvious most people don't like my abrasive posts! So..

I'm Postman Tw#t with a red n black hat,
A happy old git ..who often posts s##t,

I see it as fun..so don't get the hump,
I'm not a Big Deal- for that phone up Trump!

Experience breeds Instinct.

Not sure about backing it up? Back what up...why is there a need to?
I do nothing orthodox.
I'll try backing it down....Ok here's the deal..Jeff signs for Afcb( I assume he will after all this fuss) ..he makes his debut versus Cardiff and does well, eventually becomes a regular in a top ten season.
That means I'm wrong in all departments....but still happy!
Jeff's fans will be proved right.....they are happy!!!!????? End of story.
I can then move on to some other subject...sensitive souls beware!:utc:

He looks a big solid lump who plays the ball sideways in a Stoke City / Andrew Surman / West Brom style.

Alarmingly I read somewhere that's just what we need. I hope to god I didn't read it on here.

I think he's the replacement for Benick. He'll come on for the last 10 minutes, help defend corners and fall over a lot, only in our half not in front of goal : )

Not sure about backing it up? Back what up...why is there a need to?
I do nothing orthodox.
I'll try backing it down....Ok here's the deal..Jeff signs for Afcb( I assume he will after all this fuss) ..he makes his debut versus Cardiff and does well, eventually becomes a regular in a top ten season.
That means I'm wrong in all departments....but still happy!
Jeff's fans will be proved right.....they are happy!!!!????? End of story.
I can then move on to some other subject...sensitive souls beware!:utc:

Stop making out that everyone who disagrees with you is being overly sensitive. Not that I'm necessarily disagreeing in this context, I have little knowledge of Lerma and so don't have strong opinions either way. You, on the other hand, clearly do and so all I'm asking is for you to back this up with some objective reasoning. If all you've got is that you don't like the fact that he's from Columbia then maybe you just need to get over yourself a bit. Sensitive soul much?

Last edited:

;