Jefferson Lerma

That's... a lot. Looking at Ake and even Ibe when he first arrived, he's straight into the first team at that fee level.

Gosling or Arter to go if he arrives.

Unless it's all bs. After all, didn't someone say we'd bid over £30 million a week or so back.

That's... a lot. Looking at Ake and even Ibe when he first arrived, he's straight into the first team at that fee level.

Gosling or Arter to go if he arrives.

Unless it's all bs. After all, didn't someone say we'd bid over £30 million a week or so back.
From what we saw of him in the world cup I cant see him getting straight into the 1st team .

From what we saw of him in the world cup I cant see him getting straight into the 1st team .

I wouldn't judge too many players by international football or their performance at a big tournament. Hal Robson-Kanu was a feared presence at the last Euros and much in demand by several PL clubs afterwards.

The energy around a particular squad playing a small number of very high-stakes games can coincide with a player performing unnaturally, for better or worse.

I wouldn't judge too many players by international football or their performance at a big tournament. Hal Robson-Kanu was a feared presence at the last Euros and much in demand by several PL clubs afterwards.

The energy around a particular squad playing a small number of very high-stakes games can coincide with a player performing unnaturally, for better or worse.

Totally. Robson Kanu was five times the player Harry Kane was in that tournament.

Don’t see Spurs rushing to sign him though...

Why this obsession with walking away from the deal? It only makes sense if there is another player out there we think is just as good. If Lerma is the player we genuinely think could make the difference you still keep the line open with Levante

We got Rico in the end. Just as well we didn’t walk away from that. Who knows what will eventually happen with Lerma, but remember this is just figures been thrown around by the media. No one really knows the actual details of the negotiations.

This is one of the dangers of making a huge inceased offer prior to transfer deadline day!

Some clubs refuse to believe that that is your final offer and naturally will want to take it to the wire!

If we are prepared to bid £25 million plus add ons for Lerma, then would much rather push the boat out and try and sign a proven quality up and coming young player along the lines of Ake!

But no one knows how much we are actually bidding. Everyone was wetting themselves last week because The Sun said we bid £25m for Laxalt. Turned out we were actually bidding £10m for Rico!

Maybe we do have another target in mind. Maybe Lerma will go down to the wire. I just wouldn’t pay an awful lot of attention to what journalists are saying and jump to conclusions about our transfer business

Lerma has handed in a transfer request according to Sky now; could we have another twist?!

If true, that could change the economics of any deal significantly. I believe I'm right in saying that if a player hands in a transfer request they forfeit their right to the cut of the deal. In which case suddenly our bid is worth more without us making a larger offer. It used to be rumoured to be 10% but heck knows in the modern game.

In the past clubs have insisted they only agree to sell a player if he puts in a formal transfer request. Andy Carroll to Liverpool rings a bell...

I guess it’s partly to save face and blame the player but I do believe it’s a financial hit for the player too

;