Jefferson Lerma

Sorry to disappoint you but if a top four club wanted any of our players, they'd be off

This basically.

It's just about player and club being clear with each other. We aren't bringing the lower league lads up with us any more, we are looking for younger players talented enough to take over those roles.

Realistically, Lerma like Rico, like Ake, Mousset, and Lewis Cook, won't come here because they've always dreamed of playing for Bournemouth. Lerma, Rico and Mousset likely never heard of us prior to us getting to the PL. We are a route into the PL for them.

If we can pick talented players up in positions that we really need, allow them to do well for us for 2 seasons, and then sell them on to the top 6 if they're that good, really that's not a bad way of operating. We know Ake and Lewis Cook will move on to that level eventually, having done a brilliant job for us. And they will make us a lot of money in the process.

As long as both player and club are clear about how that works, what sort of price mark is required to make the next move happen, so that there's no surprises or toys out the pram. I know it angers Southampton fans who feel they should be the top 6 club doing the buying, but then they can't see past the end of their own nose.

Every club is a stepping stone on the way up, the same as every other walk in life, unless you have no ambition. Good for him if he has slapped in a transfer request if he feels he can improve himself and his families fortunes and ambitions. If we land him and he goes for more money in 2 years time I may be disappointed, but won't be moaning.

I can't recall Eddie going after somebody who has thrown a hissy before. Eddie knows what he wants in a player and team member .... In Eddie we trust!

Some now judging Jeff by some gossip online?? We don't know the truth behind any of this do we....someone else suggesting he had actually been given time off until the 4th....so lets just see how this week pans out before writing him off due to an apparent bad attitude eh!

I would agree with you, but someome said otherwise on the interenet so the gossip must be true.

Most of the players we have signed recently have been unwanted by their clubs. Either that or they've been out of contract - Begovic, Ake, Defoe, King, Mahoney for example.

Its very rare we are able to poach a player that the other clubs wants to keep. Its why this sort of speculation hasn't really happened before.

FWIW - there was a bit of grumbling from the Sheffield end over the way the Brooks transfer happened. So even if this Lerma AWOL stuff is true, its probably not much worse than how many other players get transfers.

What if we did get the Stadium project moving..sign a few more like A ke and Cook and get right up and threaten to creep into the top 6/7 like Burnley...and then Ake/Cook move on to Spurs, Manchester or Milan etc. Despite our bigger status - That would be frustrating and soul destroying for us and Eddie..he would go and its a probable return to pre-Jcl days !
The more we talk Tinpot ..the more likely to stay Tinpot.

Sorry to disappoint you but if a top four club wanted any of our players, they'd be off

Maybe so but we are talking about the manner it's done in. Sulking and going AWOL is not a trait I think any of the lads would follow. They'd carry on until the situation is sorted

What if we did get the Stadium project moving..sign a few more like A ke and Cook and get right up and threaten to creep into the top 6/7 like Burnley...and then Ake/Cook move on to Spurs, Manchester or Milan etc. Despite our bigger status - That would be frustrating and soul destroying for us and Eddie..he would go and its a probable return to pre-Jcl days !
The more we talk Tinpot ..the more likely to stay Tinpot.

Nature of the beast that unfortunately. I don't think Burnley will lose many though so it may not happen like that. Sooner or later someone will come in for Ake should we finish 7th or 17th

Maybe so but we are talking about the manner it's done in. Sulking and going AWOL is not a trait I think any of the lads would follow. They'd carry on until the situation is sorted

I think the point is we don't know what the situation is. Other reports are saying he's not even due back until 4th Aug. I've no doubt Lerma has expressed his frustration to Levante but lets not start making assumptions about people based on exaggerated tabloid headlines!

I don’t see any substance in this. Columbia played their last game less than 3 weeks ago. The season in spain doesn’t start until a week after ours. The majority of the England team are still not back at their clubs yet and our season starts in 12 days.

Sorry to speak some sense but I can’t see any truth or issue here yet.

For about the same money as for Lerma, we could put in an offer for Mawson of Swansea. Fulham have offered £22m for him.

Possibly yes but different positions of course....people have been crying out for a midfield beast for three years!

;