Jimmy Glass on TalkSport

SteveJonesLegend

Fans' Favourite
I know loads can't stand the station but Jimmy Glass is on the Jim White show now and has been for a while... Talking all things him, past and present...

Really good listen and well worth having a listen on catch up later (I think TS have that option)...

Yes your right, I for one can't stand it.........although they do sometimes have commentries that 5 live don't. .........one of they're presenters predicted a 7nil defeat for us against City !

Regardless of the station, it was great 45 mins of interview. Thought he spoke really well, and a great insight into his life during and post football, leading uptown where he is now...

Yes your right, I for one can't stand it.........although they do sometimes have commentries that 5 live don't. .........one of they're presenters predicted a 7nil defeat for us against City !
They've just signed up Clive "IIIIINNNGEEERLUUND with constipation" Tyldesley for this season. He was bad enough on TV.

Checkatrade, checkatrade.com!

I gave it 5 minutes the other day cos 5 live had the rugby on and it seemed very sad to have someone as lauded as Motty lowering himself to the laddish, baiting nonsense they peddle over there

And there's adverts and betting odds on EVERYTHING every 10 seconds. And some borderline racist ads about making sure you drive a British van.

The new Vauxhall Combo, go on son, drive a British van!

Yeah, I'll not be listening anymore.

TalkSport is what it is. Not everyone's cuppa tea.

I rarely listen these days since AFCB got to the PL because I find their coverage of us incredibly tedious and inaccurate. Used to listen more when we were lower league and they never mentioned us. When the PL was just a separate soap opera, their brand of light hearted and wind-up merchant-ish coverage was alright. These days there's endless podcasts of more serious PL coverage for those so inclined, that make TS seem rather juvenile.

You can't deny they have a niche though, I know a few van driving tradesmen (yes with Vauxhalls!) who have TalkSport on for 9-10 hours a day, every day.

Last edited:
TalkSport isn’t all shite. They do occasionally have some more intelligent debate (usually when it’s the female presenters!)

They’ve even done features on men’s mental health. Not the sort of thing the ‘stereotypical TS listener’ would empathise with. Hawksbee & Jacobs often have good cycling features. Again not something you’d associate with white van drivers

TalkSport isn’t all shite. They do occasionally have some more intelligent debate (usually when it’s the female presenters!)

They’ve even done features on men’s mental health. Not the sort of thing the ‘stereotypical TS listener’ would empathise with. Hawksbee & Jacobs often have good cycling features. Again not something you’d associate with white van drivers

This.

If have more time for Talksport than Jimmy Glass.

From personal experience, I found him less than likeable.

They've just signed up Clive "IIIIINNNGEEERLUUND with constipation" Tyldesley for this season. He was bad enough on TV.

I gave it 5 minutes the other day cos 5 live had the rugby on and it seemed very sad to have someone as lauded as Motty lowering himself to the laddish, baiting nonsense they peddle over there

And there's adverts and betting odds on EVERYTHING every 10 seconds. And some borderline racist ads about making sure you drive a British van.

The hedgehog gutter brush turned to be very handy tbf....

heaven forbid you should promote something British eh ?
Is it because they paraphrase “ IF “ by Rudyard Kipling ?
Boo hiss , horrible Brits .

What about the ad for the Mercedes van then with the fake German accent ?
Iz zat nicht racist mein herr?

;