Joe Rothwell

Jaypeebee

Plastic
Blackburn rovers fan here.

You never posted or seemed to care about signing Joe from Rovers.

Is that accurate?

I think its fair to say that we would have liked him to join, many on here rate him highly. However I am not sure I thought it would actually happen with a promotion rival and, in hindsight with all the understandable comments your manager etc made re a possible move I am quite glad we didn't do the deal.
the one I was hoping would move was Diaz, would have helped our promotion push enormously if you had sold him !!!!

I think its fair to say that we would have liked him to join, many on here rate him highly. However I am not sure I thought it would actually happen with a promotion rival and, in hindsight with all the understandable comments your manager etc made re a possible move I am quite glad we didn't do the deal.
the one I was hoping would move was Diaz, would have helped our promotion push enormously if you had sold him !!!!

It never seemed realistic to me, why would you possibly sell your best player to a rival? Plus I didn't think he was the type of player we needed.

Anyway.. we are going to have to seriously overachieve to continue competing with you. It was going to be hard enough before your deadline day signings.

All the best.
Looking forward to the game at your place, last time I went to Ewood park was for a cup game back in the 92-93. Lost 3-1, so hoping for better this time.

So...so.....he didn't sign for us...so can we forget that now and move on. ?

And....we Still haven't signed that Demerai Gray mush...so....so ...please no one mention him !

I just assumed you weren't too fussed as fans as I couldn't see any threads

He is mentioned by our fans as one we wanted to sign as he looks a good player.

It is on one or more of our threads even if it doesn’t mention him directly on thread title.

I think in the end there were mixed messages being reported, one was our club decided to pull out of the deal and sign Moore instead as a permanent signing and the other report was your club were holding firm he wasn’t coming to our club. So not sure which of the two stories was accurate.

Our club decided to take Cantwell on loan with the option of signing him.

We seem to have a policy of picking up players out of or near the end of their contract. Rothwell fits that mould in a position we were looking to strengthen hence the offer.

For obvious reasons Blackburn asked well about his valuation preferring to gamble that his presence in Blackburn and absence in Bournemouth is worth whatever the fee was.

We ended up with Cantwell which seems like far better business so not getting Rothwell is not really noteworthy in the context of a crazy deadline day.

Looking forward to the game at your place, last time I went to Ewood park was for a cup game back in the 92-93. Lost 3-1, so hoping for better this time.

I went there sometime in the eighties or nineties, we had a very empty terrace and my main memory was how loud the PA system was - our ears were nearly bleeding. And I got lost in Clitheroe on the way home. happy days.

Anyway.. we are going to have to seriously overachieve to continue competing with you. It was going to be hard enough before your deadline day signings.

All the best.

ROVERS,

Probably the best team at present challenging for 2nd.

Continuity, a good squad, and on a roll.

If we were doing the same I doubt we would have needed half a bloody team with 4 months left.

As a defensive unit, I would say that Rovers are pretty much the tightest in this division. We were all pretty impressed with that at our place. Strange that it took a mauling from Fulham to kick start becoming defensively sound .

;