Joe Rothwell

Mmm. ..there is something seriously wrong with our recruiting system and how we utilise players during there time at DC...and how we farm them out..Rothwell was wasted quite bizarrely in my opinion.
Ok I know that the system is suspect in many eyes.......but is anything being done about it apart from rumours of people moving on.

Not withstanding that Iraola is well thought of and doing good for a 1st season in the PL....but we are destined for a drop back into the Championship and beyond if a firm grip is not applied to the Recruitment situation.

Mmm. ..there is something seriously wrong with our recruiting system and how we utilise players during there time at DC...and how we farm them out..Rothwell was wasted quite bizarrely in my opinion.
Ok I know that the system is suspect in many eyes.......but is anything being done about it apart from rumours of people moving on.

Not withstanding that Iraola is well thought of and doing good for a 1st season in the PL....but we are destined for a drop back into the Championship and beyond if a firm grip is not applied to the Recruitment situation.
I guess for whatever reason he was out of favour. He was unlucky with injuries and then he didn't seem to fit in the manager's plans. Now it's for Rothwell to make Andoni think he might have overlooked him or for Soton to want to keep him.

Thought rothwell was outstanding in the run-in last season but we have a lot of midfielders above him to pick from. No doubt an excellent champ player.

Yes and our system has changed. He's a top 2nd tier player, who lay do OK in patches in the pl. Plus he doesn't really have age on his side to improve further imo.

He's not good/effective enough to be relied on at pl level, if we have aspirations of progress.

Akways felt plaudits were premature/ott last season. Top championship player having a brief purple patch. Imo. He's not good enough to be part of our squad imo.

He'd have very limited game time at any pl club, apart from perhaps the 3 promoted teams.

Asked if he would like to stay next season, Rothwell was respectful to his parent side while also expressing a desire to join Saints.

He responded to the Daily Echo: "Why not?

"I've really enjoyed my time here. If my time at Bournemouth has come and passed, then it's something I'm massively open to.

Asked if he would like to stay next season, Rothwell was respectful to his parent side while also expressing a desire to join Saints.

He responded to the Daily Echo: "Why not?

"I've really enjoyed my time here. If my time at Bournemouth has come and passed, then it's something I'm massively open to.

Not quite Real Madrid I guess

Saints fans I know aren't sold on him particularly. Scored some cracking goals but not really influenced games. If he's not really shining for them, can't see him playing much for us.

;