Joe Rothwell

Waz… you don’t understand why people might be different a level up either negatively or positively? You can’t see that different attributes suit different leagues? How Stanislas was better a level up because of less physicality and more time or how Elphick was worse because of pace being more important?

Seriously?

Wasn't Pitman sold because he wasn't physical enough for the Prem?

Istabraq and kingkieffer, the same person.

Anyway, that aside, I think Parker is assembling a competitive squad, thus far for peanuts.

Expecting a marquee signing, in the form of a striker for circa 15 million to push Solanke.

Bring in Phillips, keep Kelly.

Stanislas and Brooke's back in the fold.

A competitive squad assembled for 40 million, with a few other additions.

New training ground.

Quietly confident.

Istabraq and kingkieffer, the same person.

Anyway, that aside, I think Parker is assembling a competitive squad, thus far for peanuts.

Expecting a marquee signing, in the form of a striker for circa 15 million to push Solanke.

Bring in Phillips, keep Kelly.

Stanislas and Brooke's back in the fold.

A competitive squad assembled for 40 million, with a few other additions.

New training ground.

Quietly confident.
I see it pretty much this way too - though the extra striker maybe swapped for a marquee cb/defensive midfield player. I think two main strikers is enough but you could well be right.

Very little
I'm glad we have someone so much 'in the know' on the board as it makes life so much easier when caste iron information like this is given to us all. I look forward to revisiting your post later. You could of course be right but peddling opinions as facts never goes well. Money was very tight in January but we spent then to get to the PL. Do you honestly think - having got there - that the Club won't invest to try to make a decent attempt to keep us there ?

I'm glad we have someone so much 'in the know' on the board as it makes life so much easier when caste iron information like this is given to us all. I look forward to revisiting your post later. You could of course be right but peddling opinions as facts never goes well. Money was very tight in January but we spent then to get to the PL. Do you honestly think - having got there - that the Club won't invest to try to make a decent attempt to keep us there ?

maybe

;)

My comment was made after speaking to a member of staff. On that conversation I posted.

My comment was made after speaking to a member of staff. On that conversation I posted.
Out of interest, assuming what you’ve said is accurate, what is the general feeling in the club regarding this? From the outside it would be perceived that we’ve just accepted that we are going to get relegated immediately and that we don’t want the legacy costs that go with it. Either that or all of the finances have been put towards the training ground? Or Max is looking for a way out. If you are in the know it would be good if you could provide a bit more context behind this, simply having ‘very little to spend’ poses more questions than answers.

Out of interest, assuming what you’ve said is accurate, what is the general feeling in the club regarding this? From the outside it would be perceived that we’ve just accepted that we are going to get relegated immediately and that we don’t want the legacy costs that go with it. Either that or all of the finances have been put towards the training ground? Or Max is looking for a way out. If you are in the know it would be good if you could provide a bit more context behind this, simply having ‘very little to spend’ poses more questions than answers.
Do we understand who counts towards the 25 squad? U21 not I think, not sure how many of our squad are under 21, not many, hill, killkenny?
So given that presumably we are close to the 25, so some would need to be moved on.
We're going to have to spend a bit on at least 1 CB, whether that's Phillips or someone else. If we did bring another striker in, where does that leave lowe. Maybe a winger as brooks and junior are probably not ready.

Do we understand who counts towards the 25 squad? U21 not I think, not sure how many of our squad are under 21, not many, hill, killkenny?
So given that presumably we are close to the 25, so some would need to be moved on.
We're going to have to spend a bit on at least 1 CB, whether that's Phillips or someone else. If we did bring another striker in, where does that leave lowe. Maybe a winger as brooks and junior are probably not ready.
If we get towards August without having moved a couple on, I could see plenty of Championship loan interest for some of our fringe players.

Idle speculation.

If Forest want to spunk their windfall on over-priced signings, we do not have to follow suit.

;