Joe Rothwell

Part of me wondered on deadline day if we went in for him, knowing or strongly suspected Rovers wouldn;t sell him to us as it would have been a bizarre transfer to sell him to a rival (even though out of contract in summer), but would cause him to be unsettled/dropped for a few games as his mind was distracted. Unlikely I know, but part of me to think about it being a possibility. After all, even if they accepted a bid, we could still pull out last minute.
But that would have meant that someone at our club is a scheming little shyster with no morals or scruples.

Centre midfield is a position which we have more than enough depth for the premier league, but if he is a free transfer and someone Parker has obviously wanted for a long time then it's a no brainer.
I really rate all of our CM's. I think Pearson is too good for the championship, Marcondez has delivered every time with goals and assists and Kilkenny was a fan favourite at the start of the season.
It looks like Parker isn't interested in paying the 15 million price tag for Cantwell and it will be Rothwell taking his place.
I can't see anyone taking the place of Lerma, Billing or Cook (all experienced premier league and internationals, always looked good at the highest level).

Send Kilkenny out for a season long loan at a Championship club.

Really?

Wasn't he one of our talented youngsters who, along with Zemura and Anthony, set us on that long unbeaten run at the start of the season?

IMHO the reason why he got dropped was as a punishment for THAT reckless pass against non-league oppisition that got us knocked out of the FA Cup!

He played again yesterday and guess what? We won! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Really?

Wasn't he one of our talented youngsters who, along with Zemura and Anthony, set us on that long unbeaten run at the start of the season?

IMHO the reason why he got dropped was as a punishment for THAT reckless pass against non-league oppisition that got us knocked out of the FA Cup!

He played again yesterday and guess what? We won! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Agree he's one of the most talented youngsters to come through... one of the best we've ever had.

But doubt he was frozen out due that, was barely playing anyway - played less once Cook returned iirc. I can't Parker managing in that manner - 1 mistake and out.

Needs to go out on loan for his continued development, as unless he's somehow progressing at an incredible rate during training alone, hard to imagine he'll play much at all next year at a higher level.

I agree he should be loaned out,in fact Blackburn would be a good club for him to go to.
Remember wee turd was loaned to Ipswich in our first Prem season,it did him the world of good.

Agree he's one of the most talented youngsters to come through... one of the best we've ever had.

But doubt he was frozen out due that, was barely playing anyway - played less once Cook returned iirc. I can't Parker managing in that manner - 1 mistake and out.

Really?

How about THAT Stacey back pass?!

Really?

Too many poor passes in front of our pen area and caught in possession. A lot of promise, needs to play and learn but will not feature in PL ahead of Cook, Lerma, Billing .

He'll drop players who consistently make mistakes/underperform.

Stacey has been one of the biggest disappointments this season. Seems to have regressed for some reason.
Can't remember Cahill making many mistakes tbf.....i think he had one bad game and we haven't seen him since....not even on the bench.

Can't remember Cahill making many mistakes tbf.....i think he had one bad game and we haven't seen him since....not even on the bench.

Well yes, maybe one day it'll come out. But could just be a case of Cahill hitting 'the wall' and regressing physically. Struggle to believe Parker, or many managers full stop, would drop a player after 1 mistake and nothing else.

I wonder if starting with Kilkenny, Marcondes and Brady yesterday spelt the end of the road at DC for them. If that's the case then Rothwrll would certainly be a welcome addition

Well yes, maybe one day it'll come out. But could just be a case of Cahill hitting 'the wall' and regressing physically. Struggle to believe Parker, or many managers full stop, would drop a player after 1 mistake and nothing else.
Might not have been one mistake. Might have been a decision to defend higher up the pitch and knowing that would never be possible with Gaz. I’m not saying I agree with that, I wanted him to come back, but think that’s more likely to have been the thought process rather than one mistake.

;