Joe Rothwell

Would imagine Marcondes would go and Kilkenny on loan. Not sure Parker is convinced by Pearson either so maybe more to arrive in this position yet.

Would imagine Marcondes would go and Kilkenny on loan. Not sure Parker is convinced by Pearson either so maybe more to arrive in this position yet.
I agree with all that Neil - it would be a real shame for Pearson and Marcondes - having done a decent job and put in loads of effort to get to the PL - to then perhaps see it drift away. Especially so for Marcondes given his treatment by Brentford.

I agree with all that Neil - it would be a real shame for Pearson and Marcondes - having done a decent job and put in loads of effort to get to the PL - to then perhaps see it drift away. Especially so for Marcondes given his treatment by Brentford.
Yes. Pearson was the one player I thought went backwards last season. Not sure it’s his fault as ball winning midfielders as subs normally come on at the wrong time to influence a match, they come on to scrap out the last ten. Not sure he is PL but said same about Stan and Dan the last time we went up based on similar championship apps to Pearlo

Yes. Pearson was the one player I thought went backwards last season. Not sure it’s his fault as ball winning midfielders as subs normally come on at the wrong time to influence a match, they come on to scrap out the last ten. Not sure he is PL but said same about Stan and Dan the last time we went up based on similar championship apps to Pearlo
Agree about Stan . Couldn’t get off in our championship squad but then was excellent when fit in the premier league .
I like Pearson as a player but it all comes down to Parker’s thoughts

Do they play the same position or is this more of a move on Marcondes situation? (Think Kilkenny will go out on loan regardless).

Isn't Rothwell an attacking midfielder? That would suggest Marcondes moving, sadly. I think we need Pearlo in case of injury/sus pension to Lerma or Cook unless we bring in another defensive midfielder. Kilkenny loan is a no brainer. He needs starts and will soon be one of our brightest assets.

Pearson looked class under Woodgate with an out and out midfielder being played next to him in Lerma, he was allowed to do what he’s good at which is winning the ball and keeping play ticking over. In a Scott Parker team the deeper midfielder doesn’t have a partner directly next to them and they are tasked with acting as the deep lying playmaker, just not his game. He could be very useful next year though if we decide to go three at the back this two defensive midfielders and look to play on the counter.

Pearson looked class under Woodgate with an out and out midfielder being played next to him in Lerma, he was allowed to do what he’s good at which is winning the ball and keeping play ticking over. In a Scott Parker team the deeper midfielder doesn’t have a partner directly next to them and they are tasked with acting as the deep lying playmaker, just not his game. He could be very useful next year though if we decide to go three at the back this two defensive midfielders and look to play on the counter.

Agree really, it doesn't seem like Parker doesn't rate him just that for the formation we played there were players ahead of him playing well. I thought he was an excellent signing at the time and I still think he could do well for us as Gozza did. We're going to need battlers and he's definitely that.

Agree really, it doesn't seem like Parker doesn't rate him just that for the formation we played there were players ahead of him playing well. I thought he was an excellent signing at the time and I still think he could do well for us as Gozza did. We're going to need battlers and he's definitely that.
For sure, he is very good at what he is, he just didn’t quite fit what we were trying to do last season. Stick him next to another DM and asking him to focus on breaking up play and he could be a big asset for us, especially considering we will probably need to adopt a more counter attacking approach.

Agee with this .....also think Stacey looked unrecognisable from the player we had in the PL......Could well be moved on.

Agee with this .....also think Stacey looked unrecognisable from the player we had in the PL......Could well be moved on.

Pearson didn't have that much opportunity to be fair. He got quite a lot of yellows early on, didn't he? Stacey is strange. He can be great going forward (better than Smith going forward IMO). I also think Christie looked more dangerous with Stacey than Smith. One problem was that Christie wasn't really tracking back to help him defend much last season. He's probably also more of a natural wing back than full back. Can shoot well too. Shame he didn't get a goal last season. Was telling that Laird became second choice over him, though, so I guess Jack will be leaving.

Pearson didn't have that much opportunity to be fair. He got quite a lot of yellows early on, didn't he? Stacey is strange. He can be great going forward (better than Smith going forward IMO). I also think Christie looked more dangerous with Stacey than Smith. One problem was that Christie wasn't really tracking back to help him defend much last season. He's probably also more of a natural wing back than full back. Can shoot well too. Shame he didn't get a goal last season. Was telling that Laird became second choice over him, though, so I guess Jack will be leaving.
What I found weird was when Stacey was playing when laird and smith were both injured but as soon as they came back he was totally out of the Matchday squad .
I think we do need a new right back

What I found weird was when Stacey was playing when laird and smith were both injured but as soon as they came back he was totally out of the Matchday squad .
I think we do need a new right back

Well if Parker doesn't rate him, that won't help him develop or play at his best. He needs a new start. Shame though as I like Stacey. Maybe Parker wants a more aggressive right back. Players who can slot into different positions are ideal too.

Christie has his faults but i don't think you can question his work rate...... can't think of too many wingers who helped their full back out as much as he did last season tbh.

Christie has his faults but i don't think you can question his work rate...... can't think of too many wingers who helped their full back out as much as he did last season tbh.

He's certainly not lazy but he doesn't defend well or track back in my opinion. Anthony has really improved in this regard on the left. Stan used to do a good job as well.

He's certainly not lazy but he doesn't defend well or track back in my opinion. Anthony has really improved in this regard on the left. Stan used to do a good job as well.
I'm surprised anyone would have that opinion of him tbh.....i'd have thought it was one of his strengths......i mean if he offers no goal scoring threat and doesn't track back either he hasn't got a lot going for him has he?
Don't think Parker would allow any player to shirk his defensive duties tbf..

I think the issue with Stacey recently is that when in the final third, his final ball is lacking in quality, particularly in the crucial final phase of games. His energy, commitment and adherence to the game plan of creating overloads against tired defenders gets him into the right positions only for him to panic/overthink and screw up the final cross or pass.

Or as Parker would put it “in them moments you got to be icy cold and think and exploit them moments”. I don’t think Stacey was doing that last season.

;