Joe Rothwell

I think the issue with Stacey recently is that when in the final third, his final ball is lacking in quality, particularly in the crucial final phase of games. His energy, commitment and adherence to the game plan of creating overloads against tired defenders gets him into the right positions only for him to panic/overthink and screw up the final cross or pass.

Or as Parker would put it “in them moments you got to be icy cold and think and exploit them moments”. I don’t think Stacey was doing that last season.
I think the issue is more that he isn’t very reliable defensively, he’s not very aggressive in engaging his man and doesn’t really make life difficult enough for his opponent. He suffers from quite frequent lapses in concentration which can at times prove costly. His strength is in his ability to get up and down the flank all day long. Parker prefers his full backs to be more defensively competent I feel, Stacy is more of an Eddie full back.

Stacy was certainly a liability defensively in some games - think Derby Co away, and the suicidal ball that ended up with Lerma getting sent off against Birmingham. Luton fans did warn us that he was good as a wing back but not as a right back. Think they had it about right.

He's certainly not lazy but he doesn't defend well or track back in my opinion. Anthony has really improved in this regard on the left. Stan used to do a good job as well.
If it’s still available somewhere, I’d suggest watching a re-run of Stoke away last season. It was an excellent example of just how good Christie is at tracking back and defending. I’d go as far as to say it’s one of his best attributes, despite him being an attacking winger.

If it’s still available somewhere, I’d suggest watching a re-run of Stoke away last season. It was an excellent example of just how good Christie is at tracking back and defending. I’d go as far as to say it’s one of his best attributes, despite him being an attacking winger.

Maybe I've just noticed when he hasn't been there then rather than when he has or when he's given the ball away/been dispossessed, which has put pressure on us.

Those Forest Herbert’s will be twitching up.
There was a link to their local paper on here a couple of weeks ago saying he was signing for them. They were getting all Billy Big Bolicks as he’d chosen them over us and Fulham, etc.

made I laugh watching the cricket, one of the commentators called 'em notts forest. he was bombarded by complaints, then compounded it with a terrible explanation saying notts county were their rivals

Good riddance. May sound like sour grapes but he’s not a good professional. Spat his dummy out in January and I could have contributed more to the team thereafter and I’ve been retired 20 years

This is the message I’ve just had from my Blackburn supporting friend.

Good riddance. May sound like sour grapes but he’s not a good professional. Spat his dummy out in January and I could have contributed more to the team thereafter and I’ve been retired 20 years

This is the message I’ve just had from my Blackburn supporting friend.

Not that many players get a rousing send off from their clubs fans ;)

Our central midfield:
My first choice is Billing, Lerma & Cook
Pearson and Rothwell are both products of Man Utd & could easily do a job in the premier league, I base my judgement on rating both of them a lot higher than I did Goslin when we went up last time & Goz more than held his own in the premier league.
Marcondes never let us down, very good at finishing and a couple of assists too.
Kilkenny would benefit from a loan IMO because he has far less experience than the rest.
We might end up selling one of my preferred 3. Lerma I think is on the last year of his contract. Clubs will be after Phil Bil. I doubt anyone will come in for Cook because his injuries and we (fingers crossed masterstroke) just gave him a 4 year deal.

Notts Forest or Notts County everyone knows what team they are talking about.
Are we Bournemouth or AFC Bournemouth?
One or the other, I don't mind.

;