Jon Moss

I was at the game. Jon Moss was a disgrace. A definite 'homer' of a ref always seeking to favour Sheffield United and on more than one instance when our player was down flat out injured just turned his back and allowed play to continue.

I would like to see a heat map of his movements.

On what Dan says PGMOL should suspend him and take him off their list.

This is quite a story... groundbreaking even and put into the public domain when we’re generally pretty quiet and outwardly tolerant of referees. It has authenticity in its “you wouldn’t make it up” feel.

My guess is that this is an attempt by the club to make a point to the PGMOL following a season when the referees have quite clearly had a predisposed view of our perceived diving and Lerma’s perceived “enforcer” role when others seem to continue with impunity, last week’s Grealish show being a prime example and, say, gentlemen Mark Noble’s blatant dive at West Ham.

Of course you can’t accuse them of a viewpoint so when someone as stupid as Moss actually says something you do have something with which to at least make a case.

Obviously it’s still impossible to prove and will be refuted but it will attract publicity and hasn’t got out by accident. It might enable the club to raise some of the wider issues privately and to push an envelope to the PGMOL before the run-in to the season.

Last edited:
Wowzer, if true then... Well, am I really that surprised? I suppose not on reflection but even so that's extremely unprofessional at best and corrupt at worst.

There's absolutely no chance this statement hasn't been cleared through the club as I assume it'll attract a fine which the club will pay for.

If true, and there's no real reason for Gosso to lie, then it does make you question some of the other refereeing performances we've had.

A couple of things about ref's at this level. They're all professionals, so don't have a day job. There should therefore be a minimum fitness requirement and weight - height (so BMI?) value that they should need to adhere to. They're also paid very well compared to a 'normal' salary and so that should be something they need to keep to, to keep this salary.

Secondly, why don't we import refs from around the world. Then we wouldn't have these sub standard (or not quite so bad) refs. Pay them a bit more - I mean the Premier League can afford it, as they will need to move country etc.

Think of the leagues such as the Swiss, Norwegian, Australian A-League (isn't one of their old refs in the Championship now??) etc etc, they must have some stand out refs that would love the chance to better their game and their salary over here.

....perhaps since VAR some refs are feeling impotent and are trying to find other ways of imposing them selves? I have seen some god awful officiating this season and only a few refs get my respect like Dean and Oliver...amongst some absolute waste like Atkinson, Taylor, Moss, East and Friend...

To try to justify our poor performance by coming out with conspiracy theories about refs having it in for us, is the real disgrace. Conspiracy theories are for the birds.
The real point is that there is no conspiracy,
1. Just a poor standard of referring throughout the Premier League, and we get decisions both for and against us during the course of the season.
2. We got our tactics wrong and were out fought, but lets blame the ref for the fact we lost.
If we had won the game, which if we had got out tactics right, I doubt that Gosling would have said anything and it would be Wilder making all the noise.

To try to justify our poor performance by coming out with conspiracy theories about refs having it in for us, is the real disgrace. Conspiracy theories are for the birds.
The real point is that there is no conspiracy,
1. Just a poor standard of referring throughout the Premier League, and we get decisions both for and against us during the course of the season.
2. We got our tactics wrong and were out fought, but lets blame the ref for the fact we lost.
If we had won the game, which if we had got out tactics right, I doubt that Gosling would have said anything and it would be Wilder making all the noise.

I get that - but the point is it's specifically him. If you went to the Cardiff away match you'd have seen what a homer ref he was in that match too, specifically letting them get away with lots of niggly fouls and pulling us up on everything.

Its like he has an issue with us specifically. The fat prick.

I had forgotten he was the ref for that Saints game and the incident with Adam Smith.

Kris Temple

Jon Moss never has been #AFCB’s friend. Remember him apologising to Adam Smith for booking him for diving, instead of giving a pen against Saints? @EchosportDan’s story here though is startling - a ref taking the p**s out of a team? Will have all been captured on his mic, if so.

;