Jordon Ibe

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1401535/bournemouth-test-liverpool-with-15million-bid-for-out-of-favour-winger-jordon-ibe/

15 million pound bid has now been accepted. I said I wanted him at the end of last season. Top signing if you ask me

£12m in from Ritchie - £15m out for Ibe (20 years old) - question is Ibe worth £3m more than Ricthie? If yes then this is good business :)

In the right environment Ibe could flourish, does he see Afcb and Eddie as the vehicle to get the best out of him.???
Guess we'll soon find out.

The Liverpool fans seem very happy with the fee and fairly accepting that it's a good deal and that he didn't have the best season last year. However, a lot of them are desperate that the deal includes a buyback clause for them.

I really hope we don't agree to that though since it just makes it little more than form of risk free loan for them. He does amazing and clubs want to buy him for £50 million? Liverpool activate the clause and then sell him on a la Real Madrid and Morata. He flops? They leave him be with us to pick up the bill.

The Jury is definitely out on this one, however, if EH can work his magic on him (e.g. Josh King) then he could be a lot better than Ritchie, in a couple of years.

His value will increase and we'll have a decent winger... All a lot of 'ifs' though...

Ritchie is unlikely to get any better than he is now. Ibe has huge potential. If he has one good season or gets in the England squad then we'll double our money on him easily.

Liverpool should be made to sell him much cheaper if they want a sell on clause. £15m fee now should reflect value today and tomorrow. Today he is worth less than Ritchie but his potential pushes up the transfer price.

abts - 7/7/2016 13:13

Ritchie is unlikely to get any better than he is now. Ibe has huge potential. If he has one good season or gets in the England squad then we'll double our money on him easily.

The biggest factor is that Ritchie DID NOT WANT to be here. Shrewd business imho. Sold Ritchie probably at his optimum whilst getting Ibe who has alla the attributes we require and has so much room to get even better.

As with any youngster though, can Eddie unlock that talent ?

The Alchemist - 7/7/2016 14:32

abts - 7/7/2016 13:13

The biggest factor is that Ritchie DID NOT WANT to be here. Shrewd business imho. Sold Ritchie probably at his optimum whilst getting Ibe who has alla the attributes we require and has so much room to get even better.

As with any youngster though, can Eddie unlock that talent ?

Unlock the potential. Exactly.
New team, new ideas and training methods.

I am excited by this possibility.

A Liverpool friend I spoke to just now said he could be another John Barnes. Stand by for frustrations, but it will be out weighed by brilliance.

Negative reaction to this deal stems from the fact we just sold Ritchie for less and its afcb paying out such a big amount...plus he was poor last season. However exciting deal along ....as long as no sell on clause given high upfront cost.

;