Jordon Ibe

He looks so much like a confidence player and last season we were just starting to see glimpses of what he can do. I thought he would begin this season in the side and hopefully take that big step forward we would all like to see him make. Unfortunately for him Brooks has been a revelatory signing and it looks to have shattered his confidence again. That was a first season Ibe performance last night. Kind of sad to see.

The bench on Saturday is going to be quite telling.

Ibe has done nothing to suggest he should be in a PL matchday squad again.

A loan in Jan is his final chance.

I agree. He just doesn’t click with our style of play. Every time he got the ball on the wing last night I had no confidence whatsoever that it would make its way into the box. A loan would be an interesting move for him. Eddie hasn’t been afraid to do it before (Arter - Carlisle, Fraser Ipswich)

I agree. He just doesn’t click with our style of play. Every time he got the ball on the wing last night I had no confidence whatsoever that it would make its way into the box. A loan would be an interesting move for him. Eddie hasn’t been afraid to do it before (Arter - Carlisle, Fraser Ipswich)

It is the best move for him. But if you aren't on show, you won't get noticed.
Difficult situation.

A year later and the same conversations, the same arguments and the same people defending him. In the mean time Brooks has come in to show the sort of player we need and how easy it is for that player to hold down a starting position.

Ibe is taller. stronger and faster than Brooks, but not a patch on him. You have to question whats going on in his head. The wee man put more effort in during his first 3 mins on the pitch yesterday than Ibe the whole match. Why? Why does he not even look like he is trying?

A year later and the same conversations, the same arguments and the same people defending him. In the mean time Brooks has come in to show the sort of player we need and how easy it is for that player to hold down a starting position.

Ibe is taller. stronger and faster than Brooks, but not a patch on him. You have to question whats going on in his head. The wee man put more effort in during his first 3 mins on the pitch yesterday than Ibe the whole match. Why? Why does he not even look like he is trying?

Even Pugh who is a dinosaur in comparison, hasn’t played a first team match for at least 8 months out shon him. Surely he knows he’s crap?

I thought Pugh, Boruc, Francis and Steve Cook played OK last night.
I was frustrated with Ibe in that I always felt that I always felt that whenever he had the ball nothing of consequence would work out.
I was expecting a substitution at around the 60 minute mark (it was still 1-0 too close to call especially as Norwich were getting more into the game then).
I wasn't surprised that Ibe was subbed, immediately Fraser made things happen.
I think with Ibe it's a confidence thing, he does have the ability., he just doesn't show it.

I wouldn’t play Ibe right wing back. Didn’t seem to get into the game and first touch was unusually poor, even after moving further forward. Still think play him centrally without defensive duties and you will see a very different player.

There was a culture at Liverpool pre Klopp that players felt they couldn't improve, that they had made it. Liverpool had similar systems of player analysis and development as Bournemouth but players weren't buying into it. Maybe that is hardwired into some of those players?

Jordon Ibe is the only established 'name' PL player we have bought. A player established as a PL player. I don't count JD because of his history here and relationship with Eddie.

Eddie would have spoken with SOD before buying him and SOD must have seen the latent skill and potential. Something hasn't worked out and we will never know why. It's disappointing for him and for us.

Last night we saw that some of the basics have still yet to be mastered in a game. Being good in training is all well and good but there is no pressure. At this level the basics must be taken as read. Players also have to appreciate and see the pattern and anticipate what will happen in 2 or 3 passes time. Ibe seems to only really play when the ball is at his feet.

It's a great shame. I agree with the view that a loan spell may be the only chance of him succeeding at this level.

I wouldn’t play Ibe right wing back. Didn’t seem to get into the game and first touch was unusually poor, even after moving further forward. Still think play him centrally without defensive duties and you will see a very different player.

From about 15 mins in last night he was moved into the front 3. His effort levels stayed the same?

Just think we got a dud, get him off the wage bill and send him back to the Championship.

To be honest I don’t think even any top half Championship clubs would be interested given his last 15 performances

If anything he’s gone backwards!!

...maybe one or two fringe players will move out in January?...maybe Ibe,Pugh and Mings being in the frame?...doubt whether Eddie will want to put them up for first team duty too often...

Players should be given time to develop, plenty of time, seasons if necessary.

However talented he may be, Ibe has had two years. Do we have another player who loses possession so often?

I cannot see a future for him with us. Is it now time to free up a place and the use the money saved on someone else?

From about 15 mins in last night he was moved into the front 3. His effort levels stayed the same?

As I said, he couldn’t get into the game even when he moved further forward. Not sure it was lack of effort though. Think about 7 players were the same re below par performances. Work with a Wycombe fan who said Ibe was always a forward for them and I can understand why.

I'd just send him out on loan for 6 months and see how he does, doubt he'll do that well seeing as he was terrible against Norwich reserves though.

I've said this before but the issue with Ibe is not his ability, it's his footballing brain. I don't think he will ever be able to grasp the defensive / positional duties he needs to play on the wing. Play him in the hole with no responsibilities or don't bother IMO

I love the fact that Ibe always makes a big effort to applaud the fans after the game, and takes time clapping fans in all corners of the stadium. But I now have to admit that, on the pitch, he has probably had enough chances. Perhaps we should just let him be 'Cherry Bear' for a few weeks?

As I said, he couldn’t get into the game even when he moved further forward. Not sure it was lack of effort though. Think about 7 players were the same re below par performances. Work with a Wycombe fan who said Ibe was always a forward for them and I can understand why.

So when the wee man came on and chased down everything and made the players around him look better, why was that?

Connor Mahoney is doing very well at Brum (see his goal last week ? Wow ! ) and for me Jibe would be behind him at the moment in the winger pecking order.

Portsmouth loan in January perhaps ? A side with confidence and a bit of swagger with Brett to put his arm around him, maybe ?

;