Jordon Ibe

I wonder what punishment Eddie dished out other than him failing form the first eleven.

Heard once he fines players £1000 / minute that players are late for training !

Mind you if you are earning £38000 per week who cares about financial penalties.

I wonder what punishment Eddie dished out other than him failing form the first eleven.

Mind you if you are earning £38000 per week who cares about financial penalties.

You might if you're 10 minutes late every day.

I would have thought some ‘punishment’ would be held back until the verdict. Now it’s known what are the options? Would it be in the Clubs interest to cancel his contract? And would his behaviour be considered Just Cause for this course of action?

If I saw Jordan driving his car into a shopfront as a method of getting some attention and at the same time hoping he didnt hurt no one so its OK...and then drive off.
id sneak up alongside him and say,

"Oi Jordan !..... Tell you what...you didn wanna do that son..you didn wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting some attention and at the same time hope you didnt hurt no one so its OK... and then drive off ".

And then...i'd ring up Eddie and say,
" Oi Eddie ...I said to Jordan , I said. " Oi Jordan ...Tell you what ...you didn wanna do that son..you didn wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting some attention and at the same time hope you didnt hurt no one so its OK..and then drive off.

And then....Eddie would say.."Yeah I was only thinking myself....
" If I saw Jordan driving his car into a shopfront as a method of getting my attention and hope he didnt hurt no one so its OK..and then drive off ..i'd sneak up alongside him and say ..Oi Jordan, you didn wanna do that son..you didnt wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting my attention and hope you didnt hurt no one ..so its OK then drive off ..

" And then I'd ring his mum and dad and say...I'd say " Oi Jordans mum and dad ! ...if you ever see your boy Jordan drive his car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and at the same time hope no one gets hurt... so its OK ...and then drive off.. can you ring me and let me know that he has drived his car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and hoped no one got hurt, so its OK.. and then drived off ! ..because ive had Bill and others on the Forum ringing me up, and ive also read in the paper that Jordan drived his car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and hoping he didnt hurt no one ..so it was OK..and then drived off...but its a pity no one didnt sneak up alongside him before he got in the bloody car and say , " Oi Jordan ..you dont wanna be doing that.. you dont wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and then hope no one gets hurt ..so its OK .and then drive off...you dont wanna be doing that son!
otherwise you'll end up in court and the judge will say, " Oi Jordan you didn oughta done that.. drived your car into a shopfront as a method of gaining attention..hoping no one gets hurt so its OK.. and then drived off..
-What have you got to say?
" Um Well Sir ..I thought that if I drove my car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and at the same time hope that no one got hurt ..it would be OK ..I just needed someone to sneak up alongside me and say, "Oi Jordan..you dont wanna be doing that....driving your car into a....

Last edited:
I do wonder whether pro contracts don't have clauses in them saying the club can cancel the contract without penalty if the player is ever convicted of a certain type of crime.
I can't imagine a player convicted of, say, murder would get paid for sitting in jail. To say nothing of the rage the fans would have at the club for continuing to pay him.
Not sure where this particular offence falls though - is it strong enough to cancel his contract?

I do wonder whether pro contracts don't have clauses in them saying the club can cancel the contract without penalty if the player is ever convicted of a certain type of crime.
I can't imagine a player convicted of, say, murder would get paid for sitting in jail. To say nothing of the rage the fans would have at the club for continuing to pay him.
Not sure where this particular offence falls though - is it strong enough to cancel his contract?

Like most major companies outside of football it should be a no brainer for football clubs not to cover that as standard in footballers contracts.

If I saw Jordan driving his car into a shopfront as a method of getting some attention and at the same time hoping he didnt hurt no one so its OK...and then drive off.
id sneak up alongside him and say,

"Oi Jordan !..... Tell you what...you didn wanna do that son..you didn wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting some attention and at the same time hope you didnt hurt no one so its OK... and then drive off ".

And then...i'd ring up Eddie and say,
" Oi Eddie ...I said to Jordan , I said. " Oi Jordan ...Tell you what ...you didn wanna do that son..you didn wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting some attention and at the same time hope you didnt hurt no one so its OK..and then drive off.

And then....Eddie would say.."Yeah I was only thinking myself....
" If I saw Jordan driving his car into a shopfront as a method of getting my attention and hope he didnt hurt no one so its OK..and then drive off ..i'd sneak up alongside him and say ..Oi Jordan, you didn wanna do that son..you didnt wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting my attention and hope you didnt hurt no one ..so its OK then drive off ..

" And then I'd ring his mum and dad and say...I'd say " Oi Jordans mum and dad ! ...if you ever see your boy Jordan drive his car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and at the same time hope no one gets hurt...and then drive off.. can you ring me and let me know that he has drived his car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and hoped no one got hurt, so its OK.. and then drived off ! ..because ive had Bill and others on the Forum ringing me up, and ive also read in the paper that Jordan drived his car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and hoping he didnt hurt no one ..so it was OK..and then drived off...but its a pity no one didnt sneak up alongside him before he got in the bloody car and say , " Oi Jordan ..you dont wanna be doing that.. you dont wanna drive your car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and then hope no one gets hurt ..so its OK .and then drive off...you dont wanna be doing that son!
otherwise you'll end up in court and the judge will say, " Oi Jordan you didn oughta done that.. drived your car into a shopfront as a method of gaining attention..hoping no one gets hurt so its OK.. and then drived off..
-What have you got to say?
" Um Well Sir ..I thought that if I drove my car into a shopfront as a method of getting attention and at the same time hope that no one got hurt ..it would be OK ..I just needed someone to sneak up alongside me and say, "Oi Jordan..you dont wanna be doing that....driving your car into a....

Sorry, didn’t catch all that, can you go over it again?

...other clubs have players who just fall by the wayside....Danny Drinkwater springs (sic) to mind as a talent probably heading for the wastelands...
In the pub before the Leicester game last season there was one of their supporters wearing a replica shirt named and numbered on the back "4 Drinklager"

Lee Hughes had his contract cancelled by WBA in 2004 when he was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving. I would imagine it comes under gross misconduct or similar.

I suspect this isn't a serious enough offence for us to do that. Plus we need to look at the bigger picture in terms of player relations as he only has a few months left on his contract. What we don't want is a big spat with the PFA that makes other players a little wary of wanting to work with us.

If he had 18 months left and then I guess it might be looked at but, for the sake of what little time is left on his contract, I imagine we're best keeping our powder dry.

I would expect a cancellation clause in any contract. From what Eddie has said, and he's been guarded as always, he has been given the chance to put right whatever is wrong and hasn't. I doubt he will find any club prepared to match his huge salary here. It may not be £38,000 a week but it will be significant.

More importantly clubs will want to know about how he has been. I suspect most will know. Players and managers talk to each other. The conviction will make it harder for him.

If I'd been earning £38,000 a week since 2016 I'd be well set up for life. That's upwards of 6 million. Some youth opportunity scheme that.

Adrian Mutu had his contract cancelled for testing positive for cocaine. Surprising because there are lots of players who have tested positive for coke and have just served their bad in private without it ever becoming public.

Chelsea actually sued Mutu for breach of contract. Makes you wonder what's in the pipeline.

Absolutely ballsed it up for himself didn't he ? I mean, with Fraser starting the season so poorly and the consistent injury problems throughout the squad, Jordon would surely have had plenty of opportunities to try to prove himself this season in one position or another. Unfortunately he went out and acted like a spoilt child, resulting in this prosecution. Perfect timing son ! Better still, the court case was hanging over him during the January transfer window, a window in which Eddie had expressly stated that we'd be prepared to let Jordon go out on loan if he could find a place somewhere. Well I guess no team was prepared to sign a player whose innocence/guilt and future availability were up in the air. So not only did he eff up his career here, he also managed to blow a great opportunity to try to redeem himself with another club.
It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. I hope for Jordon's sake the shoutouts are selling well. They might well be his only source of income soon !

Last edited:
The lad's got talent - we've seen it though nowhere near often enough. If he can't consistently apply and show it under Eddie's coaching then you wonder where he will be able to do it. Somewhere down the line he is going to realise what he has thrown away. Probably this summer when there isn't a queue of clubs lined up to offer him a juicy contract.

;