Jordon Ibe

I just hope that Jordan Ibe doesn't read this forum from a human perspective. I would like to think that we AFCB fans are a bit better than that.

I just hope that Jordan Ibe doesn't read this forum from a human perspective. I would like to think that we AFCB fans are a bit better than that.

It certainly wouldn’t do a lot for his confidence.

Still over the years including before we had this MB, you could change the name Ibe for a number of players we have had who have had criticism. Including the Big Man.

Not sure it would do him any harm, to be honest. I haven't read every post but I don't think there is much on here that isn't too far from the truth or at least an understandable point of view. We don't want any of our players to fail, there is plenty of encouragement to be found on this thread. I think the most recent posts are just indicative of collective patience running out. I don't think that's unreasonable under the circumstances and by the sounds of it Jordon is aware of the situation too, hence his recent comments. The only person who can make Jordon play better is Jordon. It's up to him now and I would imagine he is aware that time is running out. No big drama here.

From March 2016.

Jordon Ibe is struggling for confidence, says England Under-21 boss Gareth Southgate, following the Liverpool winger’s red card in his side’s 1-1 draw in Switzerland.

The 20-year-old was sent off in stoppage time of England U-21s’ draw in Thun after an uninspiring second half cameo off the bench.

It was the latest in a line of disappointments for Ibe this season who, after starting life well under Jurgen Klopp, has failed to make much of an impact.

Ibe has started just one game since the start of February, and has recently found himself back in the Reds’ Under-21 side.

Sheyi Ojo was promoted ahead of him, and was named as substitute, for Liverpool’s Europa League home game with Manchester United – as well as the away trip to Southampton.

Southgate admits he sees a player dealing with a crisis of confidence – and it could affect his future international prospects.

“He doesn’t look full of confidence at the minute: we have got to try and help him get to the level that we think we can achieve. He doesn’t look like he is in a rhythm.

“That is disappointing for him but no reason that he can’t find it again.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...news/liverpool-winger-jordon-ibe-hit-11102350

From March 2016.

Jordon Ibe is struggling for confidence, says England Under-21 boss Gareth Southgate, following the Liverpool winger’s red card in his side’s 1-1 draw in Switzerland.

The 20-year-old was sent off in stoppage time of England U-21s’ draw in Thun after an uninspiring second half cameo off the bench.

It was the latest in a line of disappointments for Ibe this season who, after starting life well under Jurgen Klopp, has failed to make much of an impact.

Ibe has started just one game since the start of February, and has recently found himself back in the Reds’ Under-21 side.

Sheyi Ojo was promoted ahead of him, and was named as substitute, for Liverpool’s Europa League home game with Manchester United – as well as the away trip to Southampton.

Southgate admits he sees a player dealing with a crisis of confidence – and it could affect his future international prospects.

“He doesn’t look full of confidence at the minute: we have got to try and help him get to the level that we think we can achieve. He doesn’t look like he is in a rhythm.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...news/liverpool-winger-jordon-ibe-hit-11102350
Strange, he never looks like he lacks confidence in his own ability to take players on. Quite the opposite in fact. Sometimes I feel he should be slightly less confident about that :D

In 859 days there have been 1,324 posts about Ibe

In 1007 days there have been 3,576 posts about Brexit.

Therefore Ibe is only 43.4% as debatable as Brexit.

We could rename it to "Snowflakes getting upset about player performance discussions"

Or maybe "Must delete as we cannot discuss anything football related on a football forum"
Ooh snowflakes! Was that in your weekly gammon shopping!?

I find the third rate pscho-analysis and advice from a few on here quite funny.

I know you like to cry over criticism and try and claim that you can't ever discuss football stuff but the 67 pages on this one player suggest otherwise. You'll have to do better than pretend you're being oppressed.

Ooh snowflakes! Was that in your weekly gammon shopping!?

I find the third rate pscho-analysis and advice from a few on here quite funny.

I know you like to cry over criticism and try and claim that you can't ever discuss football stuff but the 67 pages on this one player suggest otherwise. You'll have to do better than pretend you're being oppressed.

Suspicion confirmed.

From March 2016.

Maybe Dr Steve Peters could have a word with him.
He has worked with Ronnie O'Sullivan the British cycling team and Liverpool FC.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...amy-wins-the-battle-with-his-inner-chimp.html

Why? There's nothing wrong with simply not being good enough to make the 0.00000032% of the worlds population who play in the top 4 leagues. None of us posting here are!

Hi Silent AFCB, thanks for the response. I would be disappointed if you took more than 60 seconds to work out the percentage for the worlds population who aspire to the top 4 leagues whichever those are.
Are you sure those figures are correct?
NO I do not want to see your calculations thank you! :)

On a serious note, probably last Saturdays match was the acid test for Ibe. My feeling is that most likely Eddie will loan him out to a Championship club in January to see if he can regain his confidence.
Cheers.

I’m all for the human perspective, players are not machines after all. We just get frustrated if it ’feels’ like he is not trying as hard as it can (again perception).

This is what I want back...

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/insight-into-ibe.62485/

“The way Ibe saved such runs for the right moments, holding position and passing sensibly at other times, again showed him able to balance responsibility and freedom in a way few youngsters master. Gareth Southgate watched. Ibe, 19, is in contention for England Under-21s, although Nigeria also want him.”

On a serious note, probably last Saturdays match was the acid test for Ibe. My feeling is that most likely Eddie will loan him out to a Championship club in January to see if he can regain his confidence.
Cheers.

I'm not sure it's confidence he lacks.......................................

;